Shed

1994 toro walkbehind to dump cart build

Shed

Hey everyone so I took this as a trade with hope to flip the mower to fund other projects but due to the negligence of previous owners they let the deck to rotted that after sand blasting would not be worth rebuilding. So I have a dump cart that the frame broke. So why not put both together and make a powered dump cart. This should be plenty strong to do so. The engine is a kohler magnum mv16 it has an electric pto that ran the mower so I thought use a small hydraulic pump belt drive off the pto and a small lift cylinder to make it power dump. I also thought why not make a snow plow for the front with compilers. Wishful thinking would be a spreader on it to neat idea. I had posted a question about upsizing the tires so it will go from 13x6.5-6 turf to 15x6x6 snowblower for traction and load rating. The front casters are soild tires but small I may have to make them bigger but try it out first. Of course the toro will come down and wheel horse will be applied. 

20200902_111123.jpg

• Like 7
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

Looks like fun. I'm in.

SylvanLakeWH

:popcorn::icecream:

ebinmaine
Just now, SylvanLakeWH said:

:popcorn::icecream:

Hey pass the popcorn, will ya bud?

• Haha 1

Stormin
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Hey pass the popcorn, will ya bud?

:popcorn: Go and get your own. :-P

• Haha 3

Stormin
4 hours ago, Shed said:

20200902_111123.jpg

I see a WH axle up front. A seat over the engine with steering wheel and steering gear from there to axle. :thumbs:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, Stormin said:

:popcorn: Go and get your own. :-P

:teasing-tease:

• Haha 2

Achto
5 hours ago, Shed said:

I had posted a question about upsizing the tires so it will go from 13x6.5-6 turf to 15x6x6 snowblower for traction and load rating.

I see no reason why you could not up size the tires for this application.

Shed

:auto-swerve:this thing steers by the ba k handle as it puts belt tension on the pulleys and then turns the wheels it has a gear box 3 speeds forward and one reverse. I thought if it could take my weight just mount a seat on the back of it and drive it around that way other wise you could make a jockey cart and put a seat on it. If it's not raining I'll show if the dump body on it

Shed

20200902_111159.jpg

71_Bronco

Only thing I'd be concerned about, is if you load it up too heavy, those small tires in the front may groove your grass.

Shed

Yeah that's what I was thinking too I was going to get it running mount the dump body with straps and load it up and see how it does  it theres always this idea haha I wouldnt know even how to make a pair of tracks like some guys make those little dozers from 

Dirty-Hand-Tools-101872-motorized-cart.jpg

• Like 1

Shed

Theres with the dump body on that I have from a broken cart thought to leave handle but hits motor it will dump for 90 the way it sits. If I ditched the front wheels and made a ride on cart in the back with big wheels and it would articulate and I would sit on it. If I added weight to the back think it would tip forward I'd make a new frame for up front . 

Or just try it the way it is and see how it works. I think of theres snow on the ground them little wheels would not go though or soft grass little mud

20200904_102051.jpg

• Like 2

Shed

So I think from people's advise the dump will be behind I'll make it articulating with a seat frame welded onto the front half it will still leave me with the ability to make it hydraulic dump and a better way to put a snow plow on the front i would just have to make hydro lineas llonger and run to the back for the dump

20200904_140200.jpg

Shed

I pulled the covers and the fly wheel off magnets all need to be glued back on to the fly wheel 

20200904_153946.jpg

Shed

Yeah that's what I was thinking too I was going to get it running mount the dump body with straps and load it up and see how it does  it theres always this idea haha I wouldnt know even how to make a pair of tracks like some guys make those little dozers from 

Shed

So heres the plan I'm going to use a trailer hub spindle with studs it will be cut and the tube will be fitted into the slot on the back of the mechine which I'm assuming was the mount for the little stand on kart. Then I'll take .5 plate drill the stud holes and I'm using 2x2 tube for dump frame. Then I'll build the height of it once everything is set. Use pillow blocks for the rear axles two wheelbarrow tires and then two hemi joints for dump hinge of course a frame for dump will be made 

20200906_124703.jpg

• Like 1

Shed

So heres the plan I'm going to use a trailer hub spindle with studs it will be cut and the tube will be fitted into the slot on the back of the mechine which I'm assuming was the mount for the little stand on kart. Then I'll take .5 plate drill the stud holes and I'm using 2x2 tube for dump frame. Then I'll build the height of it once everything is set. Use pillow blocks for the rear axles two wheelbarrow tires and then two hemi joints for dump hinge of course a frame for dump will be made 

Shed

Shed

Wife told me this projects dead so cart will not be built but I did save the engine for my log splitter

• Sad 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Shed said:

Wife told me

Lucky for me I ain't got one of them....

:eusa-hand: