IMG_9640.JPEG

IMG_9202.JPG

IMG_9677.JPEG

IMG_9703.JPEG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

I sent @JoeM a message and he responded with delightful news.  With a little modification to an older style slot hitch, and a piece of cable and some clamps I found in the shop, I was able to hook a 10” plow to this Xi.  The loader is all stripped off it for paint, so I figured it would appreciate some run time after being in the shop for 2 or 3 years!  Honestly we bought this in August of 2020, I think it was last used in September or October of that year.  It’s time.

I guess I haven’t updated this thread much, I am now running 26x12-12 OTR rear tires on stock wheels.  During test and tune, there were no wheel weights, but I’ve added some 60 lb. Craftsman weights to each side.  The front tires are little ribs, from the discount shelf at TSC.  They are fluid filled with bead sealant and no tubes.  The Xi is about 1,000 lbs, so I think it’s heavy enough to do the job, considering Putt Putt can pull this plow with about 3/4 the weight and less than half the power.

F05465DA-FAE5-4C63-AD81-D402610971C0.jpeg

20037990-B9F4-409F-A002-4F10850B0D57.jpeg

B899AD3F-3B9B-4CC3-A879-3EEFFBB213A8.png

E678114D-AD3B-4A2A-8A9E-1A77F691AC82.jpeg

AEB74848-294A-48D1-B4B0-02F40668D191.jpeg

9F2BEBF3-97FD-431D-8E38-6806F6A48E45.jpeg

38D6AC4E-CE2B-4B28-A2FC-9D8BF6B90310.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

OoPEZoO

Nice....glad to see its getting some work.  I'm kinda in the same boat with mine.  I'm going to start my FEL build as soon as I have time to go get some steel, but I hate having the tractor just sitting there when it could be helping around the yard.  I just managed to pick up 2 NOS empty front pulley boxes, and plan to adapt some of my classic tractor accessories to hang off the front of the 522xi.  I'm definitely adding a front 2" receiver so I can use my winch.  I may hack up the 2nd one to mount my johnny bucket on, but I need a good afternoon of eyeballing and head scratching for that project to start.  Last time I was looking at it, I was trying to decide if I want to rely on the electric actuator for bucket lift as I do on my 314-8, or if I want to attempt to connect it to the hydraulic lift bar on the tractor.  projects projects projects........no time no time no time

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack

Beastly💪🏻💪🏻

• Thanks 1

Handy Don

Overkill for sure having only a single-bottom plow on that thing.

New project (after the loader is done) -- two bottom plow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Overkill for sure having only a single-bottom plow on that thing.

New project (after the loader is done) -- two bottom plow!

After the loader is done, as well as this thing did plowing, the loader should be a permanent fixture :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Handy Don
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

After the loader is done, as well as this thing did plowing, the loader should be a permanent fixture :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ah, yes. Good point!

• Like 1

Pullstart

I made this video in response to a question on YouTube comments…

• Excellent 1

OoPEZoO

Careful......you're going to end up liking that so much that your going to need a 2nd 5xi so one can handle the loader and one can plow....LOL

Any thoughts on how much weight you think that rear hitch can lift with the on-board hydraulic cylinder?  I've been considering an attempt at rigging something up to the back of my xi to use as a sort of log skidder.  Kinda like a mini 3-pt.  Our property backs up to a tiny creek that is absolutely full of medium sized downed trees and debris.  My #1 project for the summer is to use the tractors to get it all out, chip what I can, and dispose of what I can't.  So far, I have been focusing on winching using other large trees as anchors and ****** blocks, but watching your videos using the rear lift got me thinking.  It would certainly speed things up......just not sure if it could handle the 200lb or so to get a few inches of lift on a downed tree

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

@OoPEZoO this plow is not a challenge for the 953.  That said, I’ve never seen it plucked that fast from the ground!  I’d also imagine a larger diameter cylinder would increase the lift capacity if needed.  Everything seems tough enough to handle it.