peter lena

poly tubing for hood /cowl , noise

peter lena

recently been experimenting with 1/4" poly tubing , cut on length, to use on a cowl noise issue, you can probably pick up a few feet at your local h/w store , or big box store, https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1%2F4+in+poly+tubing&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlurWwsid6wIVOv3jBx2nJw0nEAMYAiAAEgKvVfD_BwE&hvadid=267939633997&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9003310&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10217430521638813034&hvtargid=kwd-447744249588&hydadcr=24657_9648987&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_68kkwlzyvo_e ,  emphasis on twisting and bending it flat , do not kink it , so it sits on table with any bends or curls. i use a razor blade or exacto knife , to slice a straight line end to end on my measured piece , just slide it over the cowl mounting side and secure your hood , my noise is gone , with this easy improvement , just my own experience, pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

squonk

I had a roll of seat trim. Sold all I had for the same purpose.

IMG_2039.JPG.433f703972dda2f88d3acacdfe9c7dd8.jpg.f2715aca627058825679d558b2d3abd4.jpg

• Like 4

peter lena

squonk, i was trying to find that trim edge, when i came up with a  why not try that  ?  i only use it on the straight flat area , eliminating the curve angle area. keep on tweakin , pete

• Like 1

JAinVA

You can also use car door edge protector. It comes ready to apply,is inexpensive and comes in a variety of colors.The front edge of the black hood has a red  door guard section applied.It is a little faded from the sun but still does the job.

DSCF2107.JPG

dep.jpg

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Daddy Don

I use this on all my :wh: works great. 

• Like 3

Skwerl58

I have used short pieces of fuel line that I had laying around to prevent the rattles and squeaks. I also have used u channel for this as well and on metal edges to prevent getting cut by the exposed sharp corners and edges.

• Like 3

JAinVA

Best use for old fuel lines there is .The reinforcing strands add strength.Thinking out side the box and recycling with what's on hand. 

• Like 3

Redneckdavis

Or go for chrome. At local auto parts. Door trim?

1597532394041853611432.jpg

Edited by Redneckdavis
  • Like 3

echris

I just did this a few weeks back on my 310-8. The throttle lever wouldn't hit 100% because the hood was sitting too low at the back.

New 3/8" fuel line and I added a little slice of extra 3/8" fuel line to the center of the tube to give the hood a bit more height. Didn't glue anything, it sticks nice even with the extra piece inside.

hood trim.jpg

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Great idea! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Maybe I will be able to hear the engine on the WHrat WHrecker if I do this...! :D

92063AA3-A52A-4910-A0EC-BC3FBF0BD80D.jpeg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: I wouldn't change a thing on that black hooded beast!

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I use door edge guard for a lot of things. I buy it in a big roll. When I had my bike I wrapped both fenders, the gas tank, and the edge of the windshield with it. Looked great and lasted forever. If you look close on the picture you can see it.

img002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1