Sign in to follow this  
bell

BUSY day of hauling...

bell

I met an older gentleman a couple weeks ago (he bought my D-200) and he invited me out to "try to get some of his money back."

All I've got to say is, "WOW, what a collection!"

He had approximately 30 old wheel horses, anything from a 551 Suburban with a tree growing up through it, to a 400 series that he still mows with. I didn't take any pics of the horses, as they were either in SAD shape (rusting into the ground) :omg: or they were still being used.

He had the old shop truck(1948-1954 Chevy) from a local Boiler Works that was in business from the EARLY 1900's to 2003-ish... I would LOVE to have it, but the wife would kill me... lol

0512090921a-1.jpg

0512090921-1.jpg

A SWEET articulating FMC Bolens MONSTER, with a Wisconsin engine. I had never seen one of these, but on the way home I saw another... :drool:

0512090953-1.jpg

A PAIR of Panzer's anyone? $500 takes them!

0512090928-1.jpg

Like I said, there is some AMAZING stuff out there, and he knows what it is worth. If you're interested, I can put you in contact with him...

bell

I couldn't leave there without buying some stuff...

I got a hood, a couple belt guards and a S/G belt guard for my 702... AND, a VERY nice early mower deck. There isn't a rusthole in it!

mthaul007.jpg

mthaul006.jpg

bell

On the way home, we stopped and grabbed this 1963 tractor that I bought a couple days ago... what a peach! lol

mthaul008.jpg

It's definately a parts tractor. The steering arms are welded on, the gas tank has been welded around the seal area and you can see the butchery done to the hood. BUT, it does have a nice toolbox and fenders! And a few other misc. parts.

It also came with these boxes of parts... Mostly K161 stuff, which I can DEFINATELY use! :omg: Anybody looking for a 701 pulley?

mthaul005.jpg

bell

After we got all of that unloaded, I headed to Devin's (fritz) house for a visit. I ended up trading him for my 753 and 1054 back... lol I have missed them ever since I got rid of them...

I went ahead and loaded the 753 up and brought her home. :drool:

mthaul010.jpg

mthaul009.jpg

I'll be heading back to Devin's on Friday, to deliver the C-160 and pick up the 1054... and a 857 parts tractor and 8-speed transmission (for the 1054) that I bought from him... :omg:

Just Piddling

Wow......Sounds like a lot of horse trading :omg:

Red Horse

Nice horse haul. The truck can be a 54 or first series 55 Chevy.