AHS

Troy Bolton horse rototiller

AHS

Ok, so a church lady had it after her husbands passing away. Troy bilt horse 8 hp Briggs.... it hasn’t run...  I soaked the carb in gunk cab cleaner, new fuel line. Put it back together, and took I pull, and the rope stayed out. It wasn’t the recoil.. that seems to work just fine. It was the starter clutch... I’m thinking.. that little end on the starter clutch just turns dry. I ordered the tool today to get the starter clutch off. Hopefully it’ll work!

D4832A04-C2E9-43CF-8514-B45FA72340F8.jpeg

Skwerl58

I  take a flat punch and rest it on the tab and hit it with a hammer, and they come right off. Sometimes a few whacks gets the job done. Remove the spark plug wire before servicing. Tighten back the same. It works for me. Also the clutch needs to be cleaned and lubed with graphite to keep the bearings free and moving.  

• Like 3

wildman

Pop the seal off and clean the steel balls and housing 

• Like 4

gwest_ca

The crankshaft turns inside the square stub when the engine is running. One should add a few drops of oil in the hole at the outer end to lubricate the bushing running on the crankshaft.

Garry

• Like 1

AHS

I got the clutch off. Now just to emery cloth the crank. I got this, it’s graphite powder. The clutch turned fine after I got it off the crank. So now I clean the crank with emery cloth, and pour the graphite into the clutch, ( and a lite coat of oil?)

D2893E34-F1DE-4D4A-9CD3-2261433C184C.jpeg