bottjernat1

D-160 3 point ?'s

bottjernat1

So here pretty soon I am going to be trying to buy a snow blade and 3 point for my 1976 d-160. One question I have is I  have 2 levers Im guessing one is for the lift for a deck.mid belly blade,and mower deck. Is there another hydraulic cylinder for the 3 point I need before i buy a 3 point? Or does 1 cylinder do it all? Does anyone have good photos so I have something to guide me in the right direction? Also a different question What in the world can i do different for a fuel pump. I keep having to prime my Onan 2929e. The filter i added always looks empty even when its running. I rebuilt the pump and carburetor. After I prime it she runs perfect. Any photos would be super helpful. Thanks everyone!

IMG_20200516_182025283.jpg

IMG_20200523_173053498.jpg

IMG_20200516_202219478.jpg

IMG_20200523_171909555.jpg

IMG_20200523_171914428.jpg

WHX??

The three point will have its own cylinder and will need to be plumbed to the control valve. You should be looking for a 8-5422 kit but your best bet is going to try and find a boneyard machine that has one on it as I would bet they are getting rare. Later and earlier parts may work as well. Study the manual attached. 

On the fuel issue you can try three things

A check valve in line 

A new diaphragm fuel pump

A electric fuel pump which is a guaranteed cure. 

Hitch 3-Point 1975-82 8-5422 OM IPL #803967.pdf

• Like 2

Pullstart

Primer bulbs have come up here a few times... they have a check valve inside too I believe.  

• Like 1

bottjernat1

What does a check valve look like? also a diaphragm pump?

bottjernat1

Does anybody have good photos of there D series 3-point so i have photos to study. 

WHX??

bottjernat1

pfrederi

very hard to get pictures of a D series 3 point hydraulic cylinder and hook up as the are in a pretty darn near inaccessible location. Even worse if you have an easy ride seat and  rear PTO...add a FEL subframe and I have never really seen my cylinder..:P..

IMG_0059.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pacer

Lotta pieces here, but amazingly there is some one on the bay has what appears to be the complete set up. Pricy, at $400 but has free ship which would be a big bonus.

Go to search and put in --- 1974 Wheel Horse D-180 Tractor Hydraulic 3 Point Lift

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/taYAAOSw6zheIe2H/s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

bottjernat1
42 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

very hard to get pictures of a D series 3 point hydraulic cylinder and hook up as the are in a pretty darn near inaccessible location. Even worse if you have an easy ride seat and  rear PTO...add a FEL subframe and I have never really seen my cylinder..:P..

IMG_0059.JPG

So it looks like it attaches to the frame itself. I just need the attachments and cylinder. Thanks for this photo! I am a photo guy. LOL 

bottjernat1

Check this out! Has anybody ever used this before. If i got my hands on the main parts but needed these would they work? https://www.neatfarms.com/3-Point-Hitch-Kit--For-Upto-20HP-Garden-Tractors-CAT-1?gclid=Cj0KCQjwg8n5BRCdARIsALxKb94iZBK1SyY8hBGX2DGRpTFG4aAbkkrslsCOt__lgSu_BRSIiv-yQE4aAgXCEALw_wcB

bottjernat1

Ok another question I have quit a few hydraulic cylinders for the john deere 300 series front snow blades. Might those be the same hydraulic cylinders? They look alot alike! May someone have the length of the cylinder and the shaft size? Then I can compare what i have. I have a guy i am going to donate a cylinder to for his 317 snow blade. Just to be a nice guy. He has helped me so i help him. 

Edited by bottjernat1

8ntruck

Your fuel filter looks like the one I am using on my 14-8 no name.  I have it mounted so that the exit end is lower than the entrance side.  This way the air bubble remains above the outlet of the filter.  Even though the filter is not full of gas, the exit side is always submerged.  So far, I have not had any priming issues.

• Like 1

bottjernat1
8 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Your fuel filter looks like the one I am using on my 14-8 no name.  

Good idea! This is actually a genuine Deere filter. My dad bought up a guys deere parts collection right before he died. So I have a few deere parts. I just thought it needed a better filter then the cheapy red ones I use all the time. The carb is a little more pricey to repair. LOL I buy the stupid red ones in bulk.

bottjernat1

Here is a short video I just took of my setup at this time on my d160.

bottjernat1

Any info for the Hydraulic cylider? Sizes,measurements? 

Edited by bottjernat1