Jxd2311

ISO plow direction lever for 520

Jxd2311

Hello I have a mid 80’s plow I’m assuming it’s for a 300 or 400 series tractor. The original owner extended it 4 inches why I’m not sure it looks like in the back it has two holes to move the pin. However it has a slightly curved back handle and you can only use the plow in the straight or left position. It hits the PTO bell when going right. I’m thinking of shortening it stock length. But I googled 520 plow and noticed the handle it bent more around the PTO. I know they sold an extension kit. But I don’t think I need the whole kit. I’d like to just find the handle and go from there. Does anyone have one their willing to part with?

gwest_ca

Some handles can be turned around for a better fit.

Garry

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat: and/or add a spacer where the lever bolts to the plow frame moving it out to clear PTOs and foot rests.

You can also cut notches, bend, and reweld the lever to fit any tractor.

I have done this on my 520H to move the lever inside the cab.

The lever now moves up and down instead of front to back to angle the plow blade.P5060239.JPG

• Like 2

JoeM
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

The lever now moves up and down instead of front to back to angle the plow blade.

There are some serious mods in that pic. 

You can tell Ed plows a lot. 

I love it, good stuff Ed! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
39 minutes ago, TractorJunkie said:

There are some serious mods in that pic. 

Yep, the older I get, the more creature comforts I require.

Necessities on a snow remover;

Hydro tranny w/ hyd lift

Foot control

Cab

Heat collector

In cab angle control

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jxd2311

I’m impressed I figured I would do something similar. I was hoping it would just be easier to get the right handle. But I don’t mind fabbing something. I don’t need it right now I’m kinda banking on another stimulus to buy a good welder instead of taking it to My dads shop 260 miles away. I need one up here pretty bad! I also need to perforate my belt guard but that’s a winter project. I intend on a full resto on the tractor. I wasn’t old enough to buy one when they were new Sadly. Grew up with them though!

• Like 1