oliver2-44

Picked Up a Great Condition Tub Cart

peter lena

oliver 2-44 , lucky you ! I would love to find one of those , take advantage of your hot dry weather and give that cart a thorough spray down with penetrating oil , to enhance its patina and stop further rusting. i would guess that its a 60,s era cart , lucky grandpa to be towing the kids around , pete    

oliver2-44

@AMC RULES Im interested in doing your style of patina polish using Mothers Mag and Wheel Polish. Do you use an orbital buffer?  If so what type of pads do you use?  Any other tips you can share?

peter lena

oliver2-44 , I initially light penetrating oil down just about anything i get , just to feed the paint and recover from the grunge / neglect effect. don,t use a pad till i go to the 6 " orbital buffer  , with a cleaning wax . what  i have found is that the spray oil , has a good recovery rate on dull faded paint , I also go at the paint in stages, never intending to get an instant change to glowing paint. probably a couple of weeks  of oil moisture on faded paint has the best results , i really do think it feeds into the paint, then i wipe down and use a deep cleaner like meguiars with a 6" palm buffer , if that pulls out the paint , then i use a cream top wax with palm buffer, looks like fresh paint . the mag and wheel polish is too harsh for regular paint. the new meguiars  CERAMIC DETAILER , is a fantastic finish coat, pete  

• Like 1