vmen84

b-100 burnt up belt

vmen84

To start off I was mowing the backyard and I guess I didn't see one of the dogs toys that I apparently didn't see which was cloth I realize this after I got halfway through mowing then by that point one of the belts  had burnt up Believe is the drive belt I have a few questions. First what size belt does it be 100 wheel horse 1974 take second are there any good videos on how to replace those belts  are there any videos that I can watch that show me how to do this step-by-step?

gwest_ca

Belts are specific to the mower deck - not the tractor. Width of cut and side or rear discharge often makes a difference. Guessing you have a 36" width of cut.

May not be the models you have but the belts will be the same.

Click on the pictures for the belts

Garry

vmen84

ok thanks I appreciate it

vmen84

So it looks like this    I am new to this so what size belt would that be for the 36 inch mower deck and I'm assuming it's only belt i'll have to replace because I know there's belts underneath the deck as well but I'm not sure if those are bad now

IMG_4057.jpg

gwest_ca

Sorry thought it was a mower belt you lost. This is for the tractor drive belt to the hydro transmission.

The sizes listed are for the original belt. If you get an after-market replacement it will be even inches in length and get one designed to bend backwards over a flat idler. 5/8" x 84" should work.

Garry

vmen84

Do you know if there's any videos on how to change the belt?

vmen84

So I called the local mower shop and they said they couldn't even find the model in the system which would be accurate I know what I'm looking for with the transmission drive but is there a certain belt/serial number or model number that I need?

gwest_ca

Tractor drive belt # 7478 replaces # 4535 - (HB/5L x 84.22" or 5/8" x 84.22") from belt chart and appears to be correct.

1974 B-100 Auto model 1-0510

Garry

vmen84

Good evening so quick update I got the belt that I need but because of my lack of knowledge I got the mower in the shed previously and I thought to myself yes this is a win when I went to go change the belt today and because of my lack of knowledge regarding anything mechanical or mower wise I didn't realize he wouldn't back up without a belt so I waited till this evening to go do this that's not gonna work because one my shed is not that big two I'm not flexible enough to get all the way down so it looks like I'm going back to the drawing board 

So I need to figure out how to get the mower out of the shed to change the belt via a YouTube instructional video until then I can't really do anything so any suggestions would be welcomed

gwest_ca

This operator manual should help. It is in 2 parts and the 2nd part covers moving the tractor and replacing the belt.

Garry

• Like 1