AHS

What’s a 86 416-8 worth?

AHS

86 416-8 just normal shape and a two stage blower, rototiller, and 42” RD mower deck, what’s it worth? Not $1900!! What the asker is asking! 

i would say 1000 if the equipment is rough, 1500 if it’s in good shape? Am I correct? 

ebinmaine

Market's tough up here in Maine bub. 

Decent usable condition is say $1200 to $1500. 

You could drive all the way to PA and still spend less....

• Like 1

AHS

I have seen the snowthrower in pictures; but I haven’t seen the rototiller and mower deck. If it not all rusted... a 16 hp is rare. And it’s an 86.... if it hasn’t been stored well, and greased, and the fluids changed.. it will be worth less and less... it’s on Facebook marketplace  

ebinmaine

Rare yes but not unheard of. 

I have 2 C160s here.  

All the implements would have to be in good working condition for that to be worth anything even close to $1900. And that's just too high IMHO. 

• Like 1

953 nut

Condition and location are two big factors. Unless it is right around the corner from you I would need to see lots of photos before I'd even look at it at that price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

Mine is worth even a bit more than that!

But it has a $1500 loader and a $2500 backhoe on it. The tractor itself is worth about $600-$700

• Like 2

AHS
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I have 2 C160s here.  

All the implements would have to be in good working condition for that to be worth anything even close to $1900. And that's just too high IMHO. 

@ebinmaine The last sentence...and it’s in Skowhegan.....

• Like 1

peter lena

AHS, I agree with above insight as to tractor value, but on an average,its  typically  neglect of even the most basic area on the tractor .  typically the higher price is wanted because its a wheel horse. but if it looks like a rusty dented garbage can , you have to verify what you are attempting to buy. guy up the road from me regularly beats the hell out ut of his horse , sits  outside year round , yet if you talk to him he wants full price on it , in reality its worth maybe a third of that price. if possible, a comfortable back and forth talk will get you where you want to be , pete

• Like 2

AHS
On 8/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, ebinmaine said:

I have 2 C160s here.  

You have 2 C160s? All complete and running? @ebinmaine

ebinmaine
58 minutes ago, AHS said:

You have 2 C160s? All complete and running? @ebinmaine

Both complete. One running. 

One is the Cinnamon Horse that's my go-to daily driver. 

The other is the 1974 Tecumseh powered one I just recently acquired. Complete yes, but not running. That's a future restoration project. 

AHS
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Both complete. One running. 

One is the Cinnamon Horse that's my go-to daily driver. 

The other is the 1974 Tecumseh powered one I just recently acquired. Complete yes, but not running. That's a future restoration project. 

74? Tecumseh? I thought that the only ones were Briggs, Kohler and onan... I knew that tecumseh made engines during the 60’s. I guess I was wrong! 😀

ebinmaine

Oh yeah.  Tecchy made engines well into 2000s. 

The way I understand it, Wheelhorse ran low on Kohler engines that year and bought Tecumsehs to fill in the void. Possibly as little as 200 or 300 were made. 

• Like 1

AHS
21 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Oh yeah.  Tecchy made engines well into 2000s. 

The way I understand it, Wheelhorse ran low on Kohler engines that year and bought Tecumsehs to fill in the void. Possibly as little as 200 or 300 were made. 

My father also has a C 111 Briggs 11hp, it’s a 1980, I think? But it’s runs far far short of year older C101 Kohler 10 hp. The Briggs has far less torque, it needs rings and a .020 over job. But even years ago, before the rings started to go south; it was far off from the Kohler.  The C111 still runs... it runs and plows! The Kohler 10hp never changes.

• Like 2