clueless

Best $8 I've spent on a WH

clueless

For all of us who know how long it takes to start one of these flathead Kohlers, with the gas tank in the back after sitting a while. This is my $8 fix I did a couple years ago. This 312 has been sitting since April, only hooked up to the battery tinder. 5 or 6 pumps and it fired right up. If it only sits for a week or two, it only takes 1 or 2 pumps.

IMG_6653 (2).MOV

Edited by clueless
  • Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Did mine a year or so ago and it works like a charm!

Only I think I spent $8.50 with tax... B)

• Haha 1

Dan.gerous

First thing I did to mine while replacing the fuel line, so simple, cheap and effective.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

A few years back I bought a 4 pack for like 12 bucks.    Wish I could find the supplier today.     These primer bulbs should be standard equipment on these tractors.    Saves hundreds on starters and batteries.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Stepney

Must be luck.. Ive never shut the gas off on a rear tank, and both my 312 and GT '1448' mutt always fire up instantly no matter how long they've sat. 

• Like 3

wallfish
1 hour ago, Stepney said:

Must be luck

Or good sealing check valves in the fuel pumps :hide:

• Like 1

tom2p
3 hours ago, Stepney said:

Must be luck.. Ive never shut the gas off on a rear tank, and both my 312 and GT '1448' mutt always fire up instantly no matter how long they've sat. 

similar here - but if my tractors sit for an extended period they will crank a little before they start 

but I typically crank without choke for a couple of seconds before I apply choke 

I often use Stabil - and once in a while will pour a very small amount of 2 stroke oil in the gas - maybe this has helped to keep the fuel pump parts in better shape ... more pliable ?

• Like 2

Tuneup

Just like a woman. Give her a little squeeze and she's good for the day. Is this why I name my machines female? I do need to get one of those...Happy Friday!

R Scheer

Looks like something I'll have to add when I replace the fuel line this fall.  Thanks for the idea.

kasey54

Works great in warm weather. Bulbs get hard to squeeze here in upstate N.Y. in the winter.