12Horse Paladin

WHOO-HOO...! Alive, again!

The Tuul Crib
48 minutes ago, 12Horse Paladin said:

I letout such a 'YeeeeHaaaw!', the neighbor i didnt notice outside, stuck his head 'round the corner of my garage, n asked 'whatsup?', when i fired it up again, today😅😁

Well, still more to do, so onto the next things.

Y'all haveva good rest of the day!😊

20200804_124310.jpg

Sounds good! Its a great feeling when they fire up for the first time !

:banana-dance:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Nothing like the thump of a 16hp Kohler, congrats :text-bravo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

I cant wait to here this 30 over 

16 hit that thump!!

CC815C2C-6BE0-4E1F-BDC9-F03ABF3CD9D3.jpeg

AEAD27CB-7CE0-4032-9A4B-4DB921C4B149.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

12Horse Paladin
3 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

I cant wait to here this 30 over 

16 hit that thump!!

CC815C2C-6BE0-4E1F-BDC9-F03ABF3CD9D3.jpeg

AEAD27CB-7CE0-4032-9A4B-4DB921C4B149.jpeg

All i got is

WOW.

👍🏼👍🏼

LIKEY!!!!😊

peter lena

12 horsepalidin , nice looking project you have there, added a lubrication improvement to my 3 horses recently , adding a couple ounces of , RISLONE ZINC  to my rotella 30 wt , https://www.amazon.com/Rislone-4405-Supplement-Concentrate-Treatment/dp/B0075559UY/ref=asc_df_B0075559UY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312198323731&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7175158065444077693&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003292&hvtargid=pla-567498281214&psc=1  found it to be a terrific gain on engine smoothness and virtually eliminating any engine effort.  have a couple of hours on this trial on my horses, and i marvel at how effortless anything i ask for is nothing but smooth . zinc was virtually eliminated to protect emission systems, older engine design loves zinc , worth a try , pete 

12Horse Paladin
49 minutes ago, peter lena said:

12 horsepalidin , nice looking project you have there, added a lubrication improvement to my 3 horses recently , adding a couple ounces of , RISLONE ZINC  to my rotella 30 wt , https://www.amazon.com/Rislone-4405-Supplement-Concentrate-Treatment/dp/B0075559UY/ref=asc_df_B0075559UY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312198323731&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7175158065444077693&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003292&hvtargid=pla-567498281214&psc=1  found it to be a terrific gain on engine smoothness and virtually eliminating any engine effort.  have a couple of hours on this trial on my horses, and i marvel at how effortless anything i ask for is nothing but smooth . zinc was virtually eliminated to protect emission systems, older engine design loves zinc , worth a try , pete 

Thanks ...

But guess what? Cuza stuff ive read by you, i had already planned to pickup these 2 items to try (cant afford a rebuild at the moment, n she smokes on startup, n also when you throttle up fast even when warmed up, so figured the ring seal was worth a try, too).

Thanks for your input and comments!

51zHGFX6GjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

bfb172ee-7c19-4d45-aca4-dd22c0a7cf44_1.8a8d6976119d743315e3948536527037.jpeg.jpg

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
Info added
  • Like 2

WHX??

Let us know out it works out Jason. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pullstart

Sounds good!  Looks good too!

• Thanks 1

peter lena

twelve horse, thanks for the shout, rislone is great stuff, but its not a one shot wonder , its a debris/gunk build up cleaning agent. when you use the ring seal , you will notice the quick black oil change over , that's the break down and dissolving of the crud in the engine. i do at least 2 HOT OIL CHANGES ADDING HALF A BOTTLE OF RING SEAL ON EACH CHANGE , the heat is vital to flush out and drain your ring seal issue. used rislone products on a number of engines , followed by regular oil changes , and every engine cleaned up internally , with no smoke and better running. i would also give your gas a steady diet of SEAFOAM GAS TREATMENT , TO ENHANCE ITS RECOVERY . THAT COMBO REALLY WORKS. IDEALLY if you can get some road time on it , so you can drive it and heat up the drive train , use every gear and hi/lo range , to get that oil in a hot flushing state. that's when  you are gaining the most on improvement, let me know , pete

• Excellent 1

12Horse Paladin

@peter lena...

😊...been using seafoam for yrs, too.

Also some of the LUCAS products...been using their oil stabilizer in my cars for almost 20 yrs. 

Had a beater 89 chev celebrity (actually LOVED that beast) station wagon that i had been fed it every oil change....had a valve cover leak when i bought it, n when they pulled the cover to finally repair it when i had it, a few yrs later, my mechanic wondered what i had been feeding it besides oil. Said the guts looked like new; not a bit of buildup.

Always wanted to try some in a WH, but havent, yet.

@WHX24...i intend to😊

Also, a quick qustion for any and all...

Because of the smoking issue...would it hurt to just run straight 30w yr round; instead of switching to 10w30 in the winter? Thought maybe the heavier viscosity all around couldnt hurt.

Thanks everyone!😊

peter lena

i use rotella 30 wt all spring and summer / fall, then go to rotella 5-30 in winter, the 5 wt part of the oil heats up and converts over quicker than the 10-30 , eliminating cold starting smoke . pete

12Horse Paladin
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

i use rotella 30 wt all spring and summer / fall, then go to rotella 5-30 in winter, the 5 wt part of the oil heats up and converts over quicker than the 10-30 , eliminating cold starting smoke . pete

I get that; thanks for your input.

Another question for you: JUST pickedup a bottle of the ring seal...howmuch do you add? You mentioned half a bottle...

Asking because in reading the bottle, i see it as 3 oz per quart oil=6oz.

Also, if id add it today n warm it up n runnit...i didnt plan on changing the oil right after.

Thoughts?

peter lena

ok so you can use the entire bottle , i would not change the oil till i had a few hours on it , emphasis on heat and look at oil color change , going to black . the darker it is is the removal of contaminants. i used my mower deck , and got some road time on the first oil change , drained out like liquid coal , fresh oil change and half a bottle , smoking was all but gone. just the fact that you are eliminating that engine varnish , is the most important thing . i also try to tilt the tractor for a better oil drain. seafoam in gas helps the clean up too. this has worked for me , it should work for you too , pete  

• Excellent 1

bottjernat1
4 hours ago, 12Horse Paladin said:

Thanks ...

But guess what? Cuza stuff ive read by you, i had already planned to pickup these 2 items to try (cant afford a rebuild at the moment, n she smokes on startup, n also when you throttle up fast even when warmed up, so figured the ring seal was worth a try, too).

Thanks for your input and comments!

Ive used lucas oil when i cant rebuid. Or if an engine hasnt been taken care of. I swear by the stuff. I use this in my wife durango it has almost 220,000 miles. I put just a pinch in the old kohlers when i change the oil. I figure it isnt going to do any harm to the old iron. 

10001_HDOilStabilizer_32oz_5eb5dffd-3977-4a5e-83b8-ee4c4c3e3fba_800x.jpg

• Excellent 1

12Horse Paladin
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

ok so you can use the entire bottle , i would not change the oil till i had a few hours on it , emphasis on heat and look at oil color change , going to black . the darker it is is the removal of contaminants. i used my mower deck , and got some road time on the first oil change , drained out like liquid coal , fresh oil change and half a bottle , smoking was all but gone. just the fact that you are eliminating that engine varnish , is the most important thing . i also try to tilt the tractor for a better oil drain. seafoam in gas helps the clean up too. this has worked for me , it should work for you too , pete  

Ok; thankyou for clearing that up for me!😊

Ill be sure to let you, n the others, too, know how it goes....thanks to you, as well as everyone else, for all your help and advice😊😊

Greentored

It takes a certain kind of person to understand we folks getting excited enough to shout over a garden tractor haha. Congrats!

As for the oil and additives- never tried Rislone but can tell you for a fact that "restore" works- had a 77 cutlass for a winter rat, burned a quart of oil per tank of gas. Added a bottle of restore, and after about 250 miles, I never added another drop the rest of the winter.

Every classic car that goes through my shop and every older internal combustion engine I personally own gets Valvoline VR1 racing oil and a bottle of Lucas, Kohlers included (a few ounces). My stick shift Horses get it in the transaxles too!

Anyone remember "Prolong engine treatment"??  I ran that in a healthy big block chevy years ago, had to tear it down due to a failed camshaft swap (my own fault)- the local machine shop said "what the hell did you put in this thing? My hone would barely touch the cylinders, I was barely able to polish the crank, and I tried to hone the wrist pin bores and gave up."   True story!

Please let us all know how the rislone works.  It is a pretty cool world we live in right now where some "mechanics in a can" actually work!

• Heart 1