Jump to content
Edgee

1967 857 Wheel Horse lawn tractor

Recommended Posts

Edgee

I have 67 857 with a 8 horse Kohler engine. Will any 12 coil work as a replacement  ? Thanks ahead of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pfrederi
28 minutes ago, Edgee said:

I have 67 857 with a 8 horse Kohler engine. Will any 12 coil work as a replacement  ? Thanks ahead of time. 

Yes any INTERNALLY resisted coil will work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
Posted (edited)

You need an internal resisted coil. Napa IC14 works.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti: to another Michigander!!!

 

Spent a lot of summer vacations in a rented cottage in Caseville!!!

 

One of those rare places where you get both sunrise and sunset - Tip of the Thumb!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:T😎:rs:

:wwp:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX24

Boys got you covered. .

:text-welcomewave:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut
16 hours ago, Edgee said:

67 857 with a 8 horse Kohler engine.

:WRS:

Glad you found us,  any questions that come up please feel free to ask them.         One thing we ask of all new members,             :wwp:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Edgee
13 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

Glad you found us,  any questions that come up please feel free to ask them.         One thing we ask of all new members,             :wwp:

Here are some pictures 

20200729_195248.jpg

20200729_195242.jpg

20200729_195125.jpg

20200729_195143.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Edgee

Got another question for you. At full throttle it starts running rough with a bit of back fire and black smoke. Put a new plug but it still does it. Any suggestions  ? Thanks, Edgee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Edgee

It runs great at cutting speed and idle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tuneup

Edgee - go ahead and trim the carburetor adjustments. At full throttle, turn the top screw clockwise to the point of stumble and then counter to the same. Settle on the mid point. That'll clear the black smoke. She sounds much too rich. I run mine a little toward the rich side in the hopes it runs cooler. The side screw is the same method but for throttle closed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX24

:text-yeahthat:Good advice Tuneup let us know if that helps Edgee. Sure is a nice looking all original! :handgestures-thumbupright: The 857 is a favorite model of everyone around here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Edgee
On 8/3/2020 at 8:14 AM, Tuneup said:

Edgee - go ahead and trim the carburetor adjustments. At full throttle, turn the top screw clockwise to the point of stumble and then counter to the same. Settle on the mid point. That'll clear the black smoke. She sounds much too rich. I run mine a little toward the rich side in the hopes it runs cooler. The side screw is the same method but for throttle closed.

Tried it and that did the trick. Thanks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tuneup

That's a special machine! Glad it's back to purring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...