troutbum70

Some seat time on a bigger tractor today.

troutbum70

Keeping our fields mowed down so they don't get over grown with junk. We just mow it and let go back into the good old earth.

IMG_20200728_152802273.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Achto

Always enjoy seat time on a tractor.:) You appear to be on an N-model Ford

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Achto said:

Always enjoy seat time on a tractor.:) You appear to be on an N-model Ford

I was wondering the rig.

Tube style loader like my Ferg but the hood isn't the same..

• Like 2

troutbum70
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I was wondering the rig.

Tube style loader like my Ferg but the hood isn't the same..

Yes it is a ford 8n 1952 as far as we can tell, has a front distributor anyway. Have no idea the make of the loader as it was on it when we purchased it and the PO did not put it on either nor did he know the maker. Tractor runs a brush hog well and thats its biggest job, outside skidding a few logs and so on.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

1995 520H+96+97

1951 and 1952 8N had distributor on right front of engine, generator on left front. 51,52 also had proofmeter  gauge lower right of dash. :wh:

You have dual bucket cylinders of a Dearborn 19-61 loader http://ntractorclub.com/manuals/implements/loaders/Dearborn Model 19-61 Industrial Loader.pdf

And maybe a Dearborn 19-21 frame. http://ntractorclub.com/manuals/implements/loaders/Model 19-21 Loader - Assembly and Operating Instructions.pdf

• Like 2

T-Mo

Sometimes you just need a bigger tractor.

Here is my '44 Farmall B with Henderson Midget loader out for a short drive after working to remove an old burnt pile.

Afterwards, I didn't want my '47 Farmall Cub to feel left out, so I took it for a small drive.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

troutbum70
7 hours ago, 1995 520H+96+97 said:

1951 and 1952 8N had distributor on right front of engine, generator on left front. 51,52 also had proofmeter  gauge lower right of dash. :wh:

You have dual bucket cylinders of a Dearborn 19-61 loader http://ntractorclub.com/manuals/implements/loaders/Dearborn Model 19-61 Industrial Loader.pdf

And maybe a Dearborn 19-21 frame. http://ntractorclub.com/manuals/implements/loaders/Model 19-21 Loader - Assembly and Operating Instructions.pdf

Thank you for info on the loader, we had no idea of its brand. We thought maybe it was a diy, also appears that the Vickers pump was a standard use with ford and dearborn. All great information.

troutbum70
3 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Sometimes you just need a bigger tractor.

Here is my '44 Farmall B with Henderson Midget loader out for a short drive after working to remove an old burnt pile.

Afterwards, I didn't want my '47 Farmall Cub to feel left out, so I took it for a small drive.

Great videos I also have a cub mine is a 1955, its purpose for me is plowing snow. I do have a fast hitch on mine with a carry all and do use it on occasion to carry heavy stuff around.

troutbum70
24 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

Thank you for info on the loader, we had no idea of its brand. We thought maybe it was a diy, also appears that the Vickers pump was a standard use with ford and dearborn. All great information.

Also I forgot to mention this tractor does not have a proof gauge only amp gauge and oil pressure.

squonk

Love me some Cubbies. If I lived out in the boonies I'd have one. Even thought the local IH club is a bunch of stuffed shirts! 

bottjernat1

My late dad owned a 1941 9n,a 2n we restored and a 52 8n very good machines. The first photo was the 41 9n and my late dad. The second photo is our 2n, the 8n last time i knew it was still in pieces. The 2n was a total rebuilt when I was 17 It had a crack in the head tho the machinist missed. Years later i figured out why dad had it in the barn. I took a better head up to where we stored the machines to fix it but i bet my sister hasnt did a thing to it. We worked hard to restore that 2n. My late dad had the engine rebuilt in the 8n right before he died. I was going to fix it up but me and my sister got into it. We haven't spoke in over 3 years. And the machines are on her friends property. So they will sit and rot unfortunately. It tares me up to think about it. Nothing i can do tho. Lots of good memories. Our 52 8n was the first tractor I ever drove. Good story when i was a kid i put it in road gear in a field and lost my dads pair of vise grip pliers and till he died he never let me live it down. LOL 

10540390_838985006114324_370381803101625217_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1518832670329.jpg

troutbum70
2 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

My late dad owned a 1941 9n,a 2n we restored and a 52 8n very good machines. The first photo was the 41 9n and my late dad. The second photo is our 2n, the 8n last time i knew it was still in pieces. The 2n was a total rebuilt when I was 17 It had a crack in the head tho the machinist missed. Years later i figured out why dad had it in the barn. I took a better head up to where we stored the machines to fix it but i bet my sister hasnt did a thing to it. We worked hard to restore that 2n. My late dad had the engine rebuilt in the 8n right before he died. I was going to fix it up but me and my sister got into it. We haven't spoke in over 3 years. And the machines are on her friends property. So they will sit and rot unfortunately. It tares me up to think about it. Nothing i can do tho. Lots of good memories. Our 52 8n was the first tractor I ever drove. Good story when i was a kid i put it in road gear in a field and lost my dads pair of vise grip pliers and till he died he never let me live it down. LOL 

10540390_838985006114324_370381803101625217_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1518832670329.jpg

Sorry to hear the situation between you and your sister, you can always talk to GOD every day in prayer about this and be patient and GOD will give you wisdom to go to your sister make an effort to resolve this bad thing between you. There is power in prayer, good luck.

• Like 1

bottjernat1
15 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

Sorry to hear the situation between you and your sister, you can always talk to GOD every day in prayer about this and be patient and GOD will give you wisdom to go to your sister make an effort to resolve this bad thing between you. There is power in prayer, good luck.

I have many times. I was adopted back in 1990 and my late adopted dad is the only one who cared about me my wife, and my kids. My adopted mom says she is a true christian and she shows the ugly side of herself. I worked very hard me and my wife and a couple friends of mine to save this stuff from the bank and my sister had a friend say my wife said something mean about my adopted mom(which she did not) and my sister took the word of the friend over family. I was very fair and tried to make everyone happy and thought I did a good job I did things to be nice when i should have been selfish. I prayed everytime during the hole mess. We sold stuff to help with cost and anytime we did i split money right down the middle. In the end I got stabbed in the back. I am an honest and easy going guy. The thing that hurt the most is my adopted mom was so mad she never once called and asked ok whats going on between u and your sister. Then she took anger out on her 3 grand daughters. No bday cards christmas cards or even a phone call. God teaches us to forgive and forget I know this my grandpa was a preacher I use to go to church ever wednesday and twice on sunday. But he also teaches us to learn and get yourself out of a toxic situation. which is what i did. My adopted mom and sister wanted me to fight over my dads stuff after moving it all. I said nope dad wouldnt want us to fight i will not. Keep it all ill keep what i have you keep everything else. We were not even by a long shot but i didnt care. The thing that hurts the most is taking stuff out on my kids. I treid to reach out but nobody wants to act like an adult and talk face to face. They have also went online and slandered my name for no good reason more then once. I had to call the local cops and lawyer to threaten them to stop. Goes to show you even when you do your best to do the right thing folks will take advantage of you anyways. I miss my sisters but i have biological family to lean on so life goes on. I have 2 brother that live around me to talk to and my tractor friends.

troutbum70
3 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

I have many times. I was adopted back in 1990 and my late adopted dad is the only one who cared about me my wife, and my kids. My adopted mom says she is a true christian and she shows the ugly side of herself. I worked very hard me and my wife and a couple friends of mine to save this stuff from the bank and my sister had a friend say my wife said something mean about my adopted mom(which she did not) and my sister took the word of the friend over family. I was very fair and tried to make everyone happy and thought I did a good job I did things to be nice when i should have been selfish. I prayed everytime during the hole mess. We sold stuff to help with cost and anytime we did i split money right down the middle. In the end I got stabbed in the back. I am an honest and easy going guy. The thing that hurt the most is my adopted mom was so mad she never once called and asked ok whats going on between u and your sister. Then she took anger out on her 3 grand daughters. No bday cards christmas cards or even a phone call. God teaches us to forgive and forget I know this my grandpa was a preacher I use to go to church ever wednesday and twice on sunday. But he also teaches us to learn and get yourself out of a toxic situation. which is what i did. My adopted mom and sister wanted me to fight over my dads stuff after moving it all. I said nope dad wouldnt want us to fight i will not. Keep it all ill keep what i have you keep everything else. We were not even by a long shot but i didnt care. The thing that hurts the most is taking stuff out on my kids. I treid to reach out but nobody wants to act like an adult and talk face to face. They have also went online and slandered my name for no good reason more then once. I had to call the local cops and lawyer to threaten them to stop. Goes to show you even when you do your best to do the right thing folks will take advantage of you anyways. I miss my sisters but i have biological family to lean on so life goes on. I have 2 brother that live around me to talk to and my tractor friends.

Sounds like you have tried, and the LORD knows our actions. Judgement day will be very painful for some, hope all their greed will be worth eternal life in the lake of fire.

Stormin

You can pick your friends, but unfortunately you can't pick your relatives. SWMBO has a sister who if she isn't carefull, is going to alienate herself from the rest of her family.