BobbyD218

312a Dash light stays lit

BobbyD218

Hello WH nuts.   My 312a has been my main mower machine (4 M's).  It's been great for most of the 5 or so years I've owned it.  Got it with a little over 500 hrs, and now it's around 650.  I just noticed after I had to recharge the battery, that the parking light dash indicator will not go off, even when I switch off the engine!  At the moment, I'm removing the battery cable after each use, but I'd think someone out there would have a better solution to this madness.    Thanks in advance....

Edited by BobbyD218
spelling

gwest_ca

Here is a wiring diagram.

The parking brake switch is the first I would check. The light circuit board is powered all the time.

Second would be to pull the circuit board out and see if dirt and debris has shorted out the circuit. This can happen if the debris gets wet.

Garry

• Like 1

BobbyD218

Thank you for the guidance...  I'll see what I can do.

BobbyD218

Well, I got the compressor fired up and blew out the wiring array inside the dash first.  That didn't fix it.  Thought about finding the brake switch but didn't get to it.  I used the mower yesterday, and when I shut off the engine, thought that the light was no longer staying lit, but wasn't sure in the sunlight.   Went to check again today, and it's still good to go, and will now leave the battery cables back on.  Probably worked out the switch during the mowing operation.  Thanks for the help, Garry...