12Horse Paladin

Please tell me this is not the OEM filler tube...

12Horse Paladin

...for my hydro transmission in my c160.

It took me an hr to fill with the seatpan off and space between the funnel and tube. I couldnt get a decent pic of it, but there is a lip on the inside bout 2 maybe 3 inches down that did not help matters either.

Thoughts?

20200630_192833.jpg

ZXT

Factory as can be. 

What was the issue with it?

daveoman1966

Trick is:  With the funnel in the fill tube, insert a long thin air vent hose right into the funnel....allows air to excape as the oil fills the crankcase.

Just a 1/8" dia vent tube is fine....doesn't take much to allow the air to purge as it fills. 

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 4

12Horse Paladin
2 minutes ago, daveoman1966 said:

Trick is:  With the funnel in the fill tube, insert a long thin air vent hose right into the funnel....allows air to excape as the oil fills the crankcase.

Just a 1/8" dia vent tube is fine....doesn't take much to allow the air to purge as it fills. 

I will have to get one, then.

Last time, in my bronco 14, i used a ziptie between the tube and funnel, and that worked, more or less.

Can u get those vent tubes at an auto store?

daveoman1966

Auto store...just buy a 2 foot long piece of small vinyl air hose....1/8 - 3/16 ID is fine.  Imagine a long plastic SODA STRAW...that's wht you want. In fact, that soda straw might just work....if it is long enough.

• Like 4

JoeM

Or remove one of the 3/8 mounting bolts to let the air out of the case when filling.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

JAinVA

Found this funnel at Wally World.Works good.DSCF1532.thumb.JPG.b286c3f78b423d7fb65cc7a05b49b899.JPG

• Like 5

echris
On 7/1/2020 at 6:32 AM, TractorJunkie said:

Or remove one of the 3/8 mounting bolts to let the air out of the case when filling.

That's genius!

I remember as a kid working at the dealership making an absolute mess of things when changing the fluid on that trans. :rolleyes:

• Like 1