tntatro

Shift pin for 8 speed transmission

tntatro

I need a shift pin for the detent balls and spring on an 8 speed transmission. I have found some online but they have to order from the manufacturer which takes a long time. I did order one a week and a half ago but I'm tired of waiting. I was wondering if it is safe to make one from a nail or something and if so, how long does it need to be?

stevasaurus

I don't see why you could not use a nail to make a stop.  I would use either a #6 or #8 finishing nail and cut it to 3/4".  The #6 might be a better fit.  The finishing nail would be stainless steel and smooth.

Do you have the old spring??  Do you have another transmission you could steal the spring from??  TORO may have the spring in stock...part #3518.  :occasion-xmas:

The Tuul Crib
30 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I don't see why you could not use a nail to make a stop.  I would use either a #6 or #8 finishing nail and cut it to 3/4".  The #6 might be a better fit.  The finishing nail would be stainless steel and smooth.

Do you have the old spring??  Do you have another transmission you could steal the spring from??  TORO may have the spring in stock...part #3518.  :occasion-xmas:

:text-yeahthat:

tntatro

I bought a spring and I'm using balls from a worn out 1533 bearing. I bought the case halves off eBay and the gears and shifters from a different seller on eBay but didn't get the detent parts or thrust washers. The only thing I need now is the shift pin but it's not looking good as far as when I might see it.