Sign in to follow this  
M J

prayer for the duke

Suburban 550

Just got home from camping and logged on and couldn't believe what I was reading. Last talked to the Duke on Thursday night as he would call me at least 3 times a week asking about painting tips and telling me how the tractor was coming along. We developed a great friendship over time and I consider him one of my best friends even though we are miles apart. I sit hear teary eyed typing this because he is one of the greatest in my books. You and MJ are in our prayers and hope you have a speedy recovery. If they're anything we could do to help you in anyway, please let us know. MJ if you get the time, please call and let me know how he's doin.

tractorchick

Hey Bob-

I am so grateful the MJ called me and filled me in on your latest "adventure"! I was headed to mass just half an hour later and said lots of prayers for you. I hope you are feeling the effects of those...I'll keep it up until you're back, 100%.

I just sent all of your extra issues and all the back issues to you on Friday, so you'll have some reading to do. I understand you are grounded from the Horse Stable, so sit back and do some reading! or some writing....you are welcome to throw together an article if you get bored enough!!

On a serious note, I am glad that you are doing better. When I took the phone and heard Mary's voice, I got a little panicky and feared the worse. You gotta slow down and take better care of yourself. MJ does so much for you already, you got to return the favor by staying healthy and living a long life.

I am going to make the article part 2 of 3, so don't worry about finishing it up just yet. I'll just run it as another "teaser"....I am sure the readers are just dying to see the finished Stable!

I'll give you a call next week!

Buzz

Our prayers are with you Duke and MJ. I had a couple of them 2 1/2 years ago and it kicked butt for a few weeks. I'm back to normal (for me) just takes me a little longer to do things or get started on them. Learned not to worry about minor things like whether the tractor gets done. This is a hobby, it should be relaxing. My doctor told be that a TIA is God's way of telling you to slow down.

bustedglass

Bob, Mary, and the whole family - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

bell

Another prayer sent for good measure..

Prater

I will keep him in my prayers.

acsousa82

There is no greater healing power than the love of a family. Duke and MJ, this WH family extends its love and prayers to both of you. A speedy and complete recovery.

Alex

____

New Jersey

Rod(NASNUT)

Our thoughts and prayers go out to both of you.

linen beige

I don't know what to say, except pay attention to MJ and the doctors Bob. The tractors can, and should, wait until you are READY to get back to 'em.

bowtieguy

Brother Duke...hey, lets not take that trip yet..."traveling to that undiscovered country ....where no one returns"....gonna put you and MJ on the prayer list for sure.....remember, I had triple bypass a month after I saw you at the PA show last year.....not fun and wish it on NOBODY....am gonna bet MJ will be feeding ya alot of FISH and NO SALT...lol.......Horses can wait, thats for sure :omg:

KyBlue

I dont know how i Missed this either.. guess just skimming the topics doesnt always work to well..

Duke, Listen to the Drs and MJ - they only want whats best for ya, and for your to be around for many many moons! I'll keep you all in my prayers - hoping for a speedy & Full Recovery... I Almost picked the phone up to call ya today, just to see how it was going, havent had alot of time for RS or anything other than work...

Suburban 550

Talked to Duke yesterday evening, seems to be doin' better. Still talkin' horses and the show, so you know he's on the road to recovery. I warned him he better slow down his pace because he's burnin' his candles on both ends. I don't know how he does it, but I think he never sleeps. Hopefully he listens to what the doctors tell him because it isn't always you get a second chance. Our prayers are with you my friend, for a full recovery.

Rideawaysenior

MJ,

You and Duke are both in my wifes and my prayers. My father this past Friday had been stopped on his way into work for driving on the wrong side of the road. When the State Trooper saw him, it was apparent that he had a stroke. He was rushed to the hospital and fortunatly he was stabilized. It was discovered later in the day that there was a significant clot that had broken free and was the cause. This coupled with a large stress factor didn't help him much. He and I are best of friends, two weeks ago, when I was diagnosed with Hodgekins, he came by and we were up all night talking about what was going on and my concerns as this is my second battle with the big C. I don't mean to turn this onto my own battles, your thread gave me the little nudge to say something that I've been keeping to my self for the most part and I'm most certain like you and Duke, the outreach and support of the Red Square Family is above and beyond any type of friendship I have ever experienced. People whom I've never met before in person I consider good friends and in times like these having those friends present and thinking of you and your family during your darker hours can give you some peace.

Hang in there, make sure Duke follows his medical directions to the T. If your anything like my wife, I'm sure he will be fine. My wife when it comes to these things is like an old school Catholic School Nun meaining I don't get to misbehave on her watch which I know is only to my benefit.

My best to you and your husband. You are both in our daily thoughts and prayers and will continue to be.

Butch

It's Monday and I've been thinkin about the Dukester. I hope

you're getting better and will be home soon. :omg:

Butch

stevasaurus

bob & mary...prayers from Illinois...the doctors can do great things now, but prayers are great medication too.

TT

I can't add much more than what's already been said.

Duke -- you're going to have to listen the doctors and MJ - even if you don't want to. :drool:

As far as I can tell, these little red tractors are probably going to outlast all of us, so they'll be there waiting on you when you're ready to conquer them again. (the 551 is still safe & sound too)

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Terry, Karen, & Nick

(I hope you haven't asked the nurses for an Amsoil I.V. yet :omg: )

Brian1045

Were thinking of you here as well Dukester. Hang in there and get well soon. :omg:

Vinylguy

No One can stop the dukester. Only god and he has a plan for the Duke

super Salesman that you are like a fine Race Horse you also need proper rest and Nutrition so pay attention to this wakeup call and get your chatty old butt back here.

Prayers from Oneida

Terry & Lola

WH854

Every one has said it all!But you folks hang in there and God Bless you.

Chas.

HorseFixer

Guys & Gals just got home from the hospital a couple hours ago, MJ and I have been out to wally world getting my meds filled just logged onto the puker and all I can say is WoW what a great bunch of friends you all are! :omg: I am truly humbled by all of your prayers and this second chance at life that I has been given me! There is allot of things that many of you don't know, The paint job on the RJ turned sour the base coat did not stick to the primer and the whole thing had to be sandblasted and repainted and that kept me up Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday till wee hours in the morning last week only got about 3-4 hrs of sleep a night and that alone just about whacked me out. I have high BP and also am a diabetic and add the fact that I chew tobacco and have recently been smoking again all of this was a recipe for disaster!

I am taking this all very seriously. MJ and I have been eating good for about 3 months she has lost 70lbs and me 30. All we eat is chicken fish and turkey with vegetables with nothing but Mrs Dash on top as seasoning along with that spay butter stuff. I guess that was okay but compared to the other stuff I was doing is what broke the camels back. :( The Dr told me straight up that my cholesterol was 151 my sugar was 121 my BP was 128 over 68 but the smoking is what constricted small blood vessels that fee the brain an thats what did it. this was shown on an MRI. I have had hardley any rest the past few days with many tests being done an the nurses wakeing me about every two hours to either poke me for more blood, take a test, temp or something. You are all right! When it comes to 10:00 p.m. at night the Duke is turning the light off in the stable and going in the house! 8 hours of sleep for me from now on! Im on the PATCH so no more smoking, no more plans for a cold beer, and looks like the Duke will be getting more exersize.

MJ and I appreciate the prayers!! All feelings have returned to my left side. The Doc says Im about 75% recovered, an he expects that I will be 100% in a couple months or so. The next two months he is taking me off work and I will be doing physical therapy for the loss of strength and motor skills and to rest. I am truely a blessed man, and MJ did not leave my side the whole time! What a wondefull wife I have. Well its 10:19 p.m. (I just looked at the clock guess where I'm headed?) Sure will feel good not getting woke up every two hrs! Again to all of you! :drool::drool:You all are the BEST! God Bless!

sorekiwi

Great news Duke! Must feel good to be back home.

Sarge

Amen, glad you made it home in one piece and hope you have a speedy recovery. You got a lot of support here, so spend some time doing Forum Therapy !

Sarge

Butch

Don't know how you could be over weight with those steaks I saw! :omg: I gave your voodoo doll a couple a acupunture pokes so that is probably why you came home early and why your butt might be sore. Shaking those gords probably helped out a little too. :drool:

Glad you're home. Relax. Let MJ take care of you. Have breakfast in bed like I do. Well actually my wife makes me sleep on the kitchen table to get breakfast in bed. :drool: But you get the point!!

I'll fill those raffle tickets out for ya!! Don't wantcha to over do it! :(

Butch

TJ

Man, am I glad to see your back. :omg:

Suburban 550

You know the old saying that you can't keep a good man down. Good to see you're home and doin' well. :omg: Now if you could only learn to slow down a bit. Talk to you soon and you'll be in our prayers.