Sign in to follow this  
Michael Kline

Deck Alignment

Michael Kline

I  finally got the deck level and front down 1/8  inch. Now I can't use the top 2 holes on the height adjustment lever .48 inch deck on my 520H What did I do wrong ,  

• Like 1

Skipper

My first point to check would be the adjustable rod that sits vertically on the back of your deck, app in the middle. Goes from the long axle that pivots the rear deck wheels to adjust height, and up to the carrier frame.

Disconnect, set your deck up right, then adjust the rod to fit, and reconnect. That has always worked for me :-) Dont know if it's the right /official way tho.........

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

lynnmor

My guess is that you don't have the deck mounted in the hitch correctly.  Review the instructions, particularly the location of the forked piece on the bar in the hitch.

rick

Mine does the same thing, but I can get it in the fourth hole.  Been that way since I got it, and it is mounted right.  I think the the lever the rod goes in on the long axle is welded at the wrong angle.  No amount of adjusting, praying or cursing will get it to work.   Probably a Monday morning thing... I have tried what both Skipper and lynnmor have suggested many time, still no go.  I'm used to it by now...but wish I could get it right!

Edited by rick
  • Like 1

Lee1977

I think it's age a wear on the lift brackets that's causing the problem. my 1977  C-120 is doing the same thing. Won't go in the highest hole when the deck is adjusted right.

That adjustment rod for leveling the deck needs to slip through the trunion, I think it is binding up may be because of the worn hole in the lift bracket.

We have had 3 or 4 dry summers up till this one been raining almost ever day. All my grass has been dead for a couple of years and all i have is weeds.

You can't kill weeds by mowing too low so I just go on and mow.