Sign in to follow this  
Greentored

SE Old Threshers Reunion Denton NC is ON!

Greentored

Pretty sure most are aware of this one, but wanted to post up anyhow. This is a HUGE, WEEK LONG event with camping, bands, tons of antique hit and miss stuff, a full belt driven machine shop, etc....  Although its geared more toward the antique power, I have been told by more than a few sources that this has become a very large "garden tractor" event as well. It starts June 30th, yes, the weekend after the Big Show, which could pose an issue for some folks, but incase not, here ya go. Hope the file link works.

50th Annual Southeast Old Threshers' Reunion - Denton Farmpark.html

Edited by Greentored
  • Confused 1

953 nut

Do you know for sure that the show will go on?  Our local show (July 17 & 18) is on hold for now because the Insurance company will not issue a liability policy until the Corona Virus limitations have been lifted by the state.

WHX??
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

show will go on? 

Hopefully will as it looks like a real nice venue for a show. Not to be debby downer Green but much to my displeasure most of the shows here have been canceled. A few like the BS are offering a wait and see attitude so all might not be lost. I mean how is it possible to have a tractor show and practice "social distancing" when yer passing a bottle of apple cobbler around at the campfire?? Not to mention the potluck suppers the mafia has!  Personally I am thinking the worst and they will be all be  canceled  that way if their not it will be a nice surprise. 

20180728_172517.jpg

Greentored

The most recent update I found on their facebook page said they are not cancelling yet, guess a 'wait and see' like the Big Show. I sure hope SOMETHING manages to continue! Although Im lucky to still be working with a short paycheck, the fact that theres no camping, no happy hour on a bar stool, no restaurants for a nice greasy burger, no Coleman lantern gatherings....if they pull the plug on these tractor shows too?  Its not gonna be a good day being around me for much longer with no outlet:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

WHX??

I dunno Green these short hours at work are lettin me catch up on the honey do list and the tractor projects! Problem is the honey do, and tractor projects, require that short paycheck! 

• Like 1

Greentored
17 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I dunno Green these short hours at work are lettin me catch up on the honey do list and the tractor projects! Problem is the honey do, and tractor projects, require that short paycheck! 

Yeah buddy, you hit the nail on the head! I'm in the middle of remodeling the interior on my little A frame. If I hadnt already purchased the wood and paint awhile back, those funds would certainly not be there. This lockdown has been one helluva reality check just how much gets pee'd away at happy hours, Friday dinners, cookouts, etc... taking a 25% pay cut and theres still more left after the weekends- time to make some permanent adjustments.

It does feel good to catch up on 'honey do' stuff and also have a little play time to relieve the extra stress the past few weeks.

I am also finding it a perfect excuse to hunt for Horses- always a touch of 'fun money' aside for those things.

"NO, honey, I am not collecting Wheel Horses! Im low on funds and buying a few to fix up and flip for a couple bucks."

-There is some truth to that statement, but little.:lol:

• Haha 1

Greentored

Folks, as of right now this event is still on! NC is showing a decrease in cases, governor slated to lift restrictions in 3 phases, starting this Friday, as long as case counts continue to level or drop. Seeing that the Big Show was unfortunately cancelled, you may want to make this your big event instead! Plenty of camping, and again, it is my understanding that the garden tractor crowd has gotten quite large at this event! You can bet your hineys ill be there if it is a go.

So, who's in!!!??? 

Greentored

Folks, this is still on!  They will be practicing all social distancing, reduced capacity on train and concert seating, sanitizer stations etc....

This falls under "agricultural education."

With the way 90% of events are dropping like flies, this would be a good one to attend!  Bring a tractor or 6 and a load of parts!

Edited by Greentored

Greentored

(Apologies to moderators for duplicate thread on this event- I could not edit the previous- feel free to delete previous)

Current update from their page- this event falls under 'agricultural education' and will go on, with social distancing, reduced capacity at evening concerts, heavy sanitizing guidelines, mask encouragement, etc....

As we are all well aware, a lot of events are still being cancelled, and this is a HUGE 5 day event with on site camping and more old tractors and antique hit n miss/steam engine stuff than you can shake a stick at, not to mention tractor pulls and trails to cruise.

Yes it is geared toward larger equipment, however as I am told, the garden tractor crowd has gotten bigger and bigger. Those who are tired of being cooped up may want to consider this!

threshers.jpg

Edited by Greentored