Sign in to follow this  
Drydock

Tecumseh Decals

sorekiwi

I've looked at the Rupp decals before, and used his air cleaner decal. However he doesnt have the right one for a 502 either....

Here's a pic of what was left on the shroud on the H55 on my 502:

IMG_1662.jpg

Not very clear, and only slightly better in real life.

This is the decal from the ebay vendor, that I think is close but still a little different from what was on mine:

BOTecnmkKGrHgoH-DEjlLl0oHBJuDncsw_3.jpg

HOWEVER I do have some suburban pic's I've saved over the years (not my tractors!) that seem to use this decal (with the addition of the "5 1/2 HP"

308.jpg

310.jpg

7635_1.jpg

Anyone got any more pics of the origonals?

Michael Bullington

If im not mistaken the decal we need came on the 502,552 and 653 and maybe the 603 also.

Vinylguy

Dont know much about the engine decals but have posted this image of some that I have benn messing with. any 502 engine decal images would help

ENGINEDECALS.jpg

Michael Bullington

wow thats the ones Ive been looking for......I need some of these!!

Also I would like to have that Lubrication decal in the photos

Use this post to see a good picture ....scan though several pictures to get to the engine

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8585

Thanks

Michael

Vinylguy

Noticed your images were in these colors

Michael

Is your shift pattern serial number decal the original?

tecumsehdecalswhiteandblackonred.jpg

Michael Bullington

Wow that looks great!!! When can I get a set for my 653

actually thats a members tractor that is supposely all Original...so I would say Yes all decals are Original

....Now the big mystery is for the 502 and 552 what was in place of that number 6, because these engines had the smaller square 5 1/2 Decal underneath

maybe Mike Sorekiwi will know or someone here has a good photo

sorekiwi

....Now the big mystery is for the 502 and 552 what was in place of that number 6, because these engines had the smaller square 5 1/2 Decal underneath

maybe Mike Sorekiwi will know or someone here has a good photo

Nope! My best shot is the picture I posted above that is very inconclusive...

Beautiful work Terry, as always.

Michael Bullington

Mike just looking at your photo...Do you think its possible the decal was just missing that block with the 6....It looks like I can see that symbol all the way to the end????

sorekiwi

Mike just looking at your photo...Do you think its possible the decal was just missing that block with the 6....It looks like I can see that symbol all the way to the end????

Its possible.

I have to dig through my stuff and see if there are any more photographs that might show it clearer. I'm in the process of moving and everything I try to find is always well buried right now.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember it saying Lauson rather than Tecumseh too.

CasualObserver

Kinda looks to me like it might have had the diamond shape on the righthand side of the decal. Maybe the indian head on the left, and the EZ Start on the right?

Michael Bullington

Mr Decal Wizzard..

Can I order a set of those 6 hp Tecumseh Decals for the engine....Also if you can repoduce that lubrication decal for the engine plate...This decal would work all all models 1963-1969 with Tecumseh engines..

Also Heres something that may help you...I noticed on Ebay your 604,654,704 decal pack has the wrong mix of decals....The serial number tag, and dash decals are different....The Hood decal for these models is the same as the 65-68 Lawnrangers...The dash is unique to these models only and the serial tag is a real small tag similar to ones that are on decks. (I will get you some good pics)

One last thing I noticed is all the packs for 702,633 854 Etc (the one with the square head decal) with the exception of the lawnranger pack has the (the square wheel horse head decal) white trim around the horse head...I cant speak for everyone, but None of my horse have that decal on the hood. All of mine have the horse head without the white trim...just like the ones in your lawn ranger pack.

Vinylguy

Michael

Thank You

i am sure I misunderstood which models had what.

Any images and pics of decals and what round hoods they were on originally will be a big help to get them correct.

I sure could use a good dimension for the 5.5 hp decal shown here

AND DIMENSIONS AND CLOSER IMAGE AT HIGH RESOLUTION OF THE LUBRICATION DECAL TO VERIFY ALL SPELLING. IS THIS DECAL RED ON WHITE OR RED ON CHROME?

THANKS

Vinylguy

Can anyone get me a good straight on shot of this decal?

thanks

whatsthisdecal.jpg

CasualObserver

Hey Terry, That looks great!! I've circled a couple typos I spotted. Starting is misspelled, and the oil weights have () parenthesis around them. (Oh... and I think bell has one of those decals on his rusty 550 he picked up a while back... maybe when he checks in he can get you a picture.)

LUBRICATIONDECAL-1.jpg

Michael Bullington

I would say red on white..Here what i measure on the lub decal if anyone else could verfiy this is would be great!

1 7/16 Wide and 2 11/16 Long

Vinylguy

Thanks Michael

Here are the corrections and the size was proportionate to the image and I would say you are correct. anything else look wrong here?

correctedlubedecal.jpg

evanloock

The 5 1/2 decal is 2 5/8 length & 1 1/8 height on my 551. Do you need measurements for the Lauson "crown" decal? The font you have for the 5 1/2 is a little off and the crown should be gold with a white background. See pic below:

100_0798.jpg

linen beige

As an interesting side note, I have a decal similar to the one Eric showed except it has 5 1/2 HP written just after the "4 cycle engines" print along the bottom. It is on a WT-241 tiller with a Lauson V55d engine. Did any of these decals find their way to the horizontal shaft engines?

There are a number of us who own these tillers and some of us would like to have all the decals for them as well.

I would post some pictures, but since using my camera in Florida over Christmas, I haven't been able to find the charger for it. :omg:

Vinylguy

Thanks Eric

This should be more like it.

lausontecumsehand5-1.jpg

Vinylguy

Jim

Is this what you are thinking. Let me know how close this is or if I am understanding you description correctly.

tillerdecal.jpg

CasualObserver

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1220

You can see the gold line in this post... and the data plate. Looks like the writing in the gold line should be all centered.... I don't know what's above the gold line though.? :omg:

Vinylguy

Thanks Jason

Made that change.

tillerdecal-2.jpg

linen beige

I gotta find my camera charger! That does look just about right Terry. Except the 1/2 fraction is a small one directly above a small two with a horizontal line seperating them rather than the diagonal slash.

Jason, Don't you have a WT-244? If so, it should have a six horse engine instead of the five and a half.

CasualObserver

Jason, Don't you have a WT-244? If so, it should have a six horse engine instead of the five and a half.

Yes, I do, yes it does have a 6 hp.... I'm pretty sure the motor on mine is out of a Cub Cadet 60 bathtub style rear engine rider though. (The gas tank/engine shroud is for sure)

Why do you ask?