oliver2-44

Sears 3 Point Electric Lift on a WH?

oliver2-44

Some time ago I  aquired a Sears 3 Point with electric lift and the baseplate mount. i also got a Sears 3 point plow, grader blade, and disc.

I found this picture on the internet, and wonderer if the owner was a member here, or anyone recognized it?

I would like to see more pictures of how they attached it to the WH and a dimension of how far the mount extends in the rear of the WH

image.png.4bec9f2567a706221800eec667336017.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I don’t know, but that’s interesting!

bottjernat1

What ever works i guess!

what-in-tarnation.jpg

Lee1977
50 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

Some time ago I  aquired a Sears 3 Point with electric lift and the baseplate mount. i also got a Sears 3 point plow, grader blade, and disc.

I found this picture on the internet, and wonderer if the owner was a member here, or anyone recognized it?

I would like to see more pictures of how they attached it to the WH and a dimension of how far the mount extends in the rear of the WH

That oneis manual lift. The best way would be to put a 2" receiver hitch on the tractor and adapt the sear to attach to the receiver hitch.

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat:

Same solution that popped into my mind.

For ground engagement duty, you would probably want some sort of adaptor that clamps on the axle and has a brace down to the hitch pin.

The height of the hitch won't be a problem, as the dynamics of a 3 point hitch makes the tractor think the implement is attached to a point that is forward of, and below the rear axle.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

This is what the 3-Point with Electric Lift looks like on a Sears tractor. 

This lift plate bolts to the sloped plate on the back of a Sears tractor that bolts to the top and bottom of the Sears transmission.  I actually have the soped plate as well as the plate the electric lift mounts on. 

image.png.6a5a8de01803271cbea119c4b51f50b1.png

image.png.c8c6f405231c90efa1036df0fa072999.png

The receiver hitch mount with a brace back to the transmission hitch pin is an interesting combination of ideas.

I need to find someone with an old Sears GT to get some dimensions from the axle to that sloped plate, the angle of the sloped plate, and the heigth of the bottom of the slopped plate. 

• Like 1

8ntruck

What kind of Wheel Horse do you have?

If you have a rear Taca-A-Matic hitch, you could make an adaptor with a matching bolt pattern for the Sears hitch that replaces the clamp bars that hold the rear Tach-A-Mathc hitch on the axle and connects to the bottom of thetransmissiom with the hitch pin.

• Like 1

Stormin

I've a Sears GT16 that originally had an electric 3 point. Long gone before the tractor was dragged from undergrowth. I'd like to replace the 3 point, but there'll be no chance of finding the parts over here.

Your photo's Jim, have renewed my interest. I can make the arms, for which I have a drawing. Also the rest from the photo's. What I would need are the details of the lift motor. Any chance you could PM me them, please?

953 nut

8 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

I need to find someone with an old Sears GT to get some dimensions from the axle to that sloped plate, the angle of the sloped plate, and the heigth of the bottom of the slopped plate.

Need to find a piece of junk Sears Organ Donor and cut the rear portion off then adapt it to fit your :wh:

oliver2-44

Looking at the picture I just realized a set of Sears round fenders like Achto used would allow it to fit closer to the tranny and solve the top link inteferance issue.  O how the project ideas grow.

I better stick with KISS,  Keep It Simple Stupid Mantra.   

@Stormin I will see if there are any marking on the electric actuator

• Like 1

Cvans

Seems a shame to go through all the trouble of adapting a nice hitch like that and then leave such a ragged looking seat. Really detracts from the rest of what would be a good looking tractor. 

oliver2-44

@312Hydro is this your tractor. I was browsing some old threads and saw this picture of where you had a Sears 3 point on a WH

Iif it is, and you still have it, would you post some more pictures of how you mounted it. 

a4f38966.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 8:16 AM, oliver2-44 said:

Some time ago I  acquired a Sears 3 Point with electric lift and the base plate mount. i also got a Sears 3 point plow, grader blade, and disc.

I found this picture on the internet, and wondered if the owner was a member here, or anyone recognized it?

oliver2-44

@Stormin Ive owed you some pictures off my electric lift, so here they finally are. Unfortunately the lift cylinder has no markings on it.

439383226_ElectricLiftCylinder.JPG.4dafe75e6edd91a6d97c94280adcf350.JPG962902276_ElectricLift1.JPG.9e06ca4a7d6617638487e00a794aa782.JPG790723987_ElectricLiftModelNumber.JPG.3dbbf786fbbce0d30f27cdec495e8ea9.JPG

• Thanks 1

Stormin

Thanks for the photo's. I now have an idea what to look for, when/if I get around to doing something.