bottjernat1

Prayers wanted

bottjernat1

I just found out my wife's nephew got hit by a semi. Not sure what is all going on right now! I will update as soon as i know more!!:pray:

• Sad 11
  • Heart 2

bottjernat1

Ok so here is the latest word He is ok!! Thank the Big man upstairs. Just shook up a bit. Im also guessing a change of pants to! Right now his mother is trying to get him to go to the hospital. 

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Tractorhead

Good to hear he is ok so far.

hope no further bigger issues will happen.

👍

• Like 1

bottjernat1

I will find out more when i get home today! Thanks for the prayers everyone! I will update tomorrow!

• Thanks 2

Pullstart

Get well soon!  But seriously... hit by a semi... doesn’t want to get checked out?

• Like 3

Achto

I pray for the best. I sure hope that his mother talks him into getting checked out at least.

• Like 2

bc.gold
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Get well soon!  But seriously... hit by a semi... doesn’t want to get checked out?

Lawyer up.

Bringing a fully loaded tanker to a dead stop takes a bit of distance.

UN 1203 Flammable Liquid Placard -- Gasoline or Petrol

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 1

JCM

Please have him checked out. 30 years ago I was delivering oil in a 1983 GMC topkick 3208 Cat 5+2 speed and after delivering the ticket to the mailbox I was walking back to the truck, when I got to the rear bumper I looked left and then turned right to get back to the cab and remember putting both hands up in front of my face to protect myself and within a split second I was hit by a west coast mirror on a 1 ton cube rental truck. I never went to be checked out and to this day my right wrist still feels that impact.

• Sad 4

Achto
10 hours ago, bcgold said:

Bringing a fully loaded tanker to a dead stop takes a bit of distance.

UN 1203 Flammable Liquid Placard -- Gasoline or Petrol

I really wish that they would stop showing the edited version of this incident.:( The news version of the incident leaves out a truck driver who unknowingly entered a highway and was attacked by protestors. The clip that the news shows is after the driver broke free of his attackers & was fleeing in panic for his own safety. There is no volume in the clips of the driver laying on the air horn to warn protestors that he was coming through. You will notice in the clip that the driver does everything in his power to avoid running over the person lying in the road, he was not there to cause a seen or injure people.

If you watch this jumbled up clip you will see some of the scenes that happened before he ran his truck towards a crowd, before he finally stopped and was pulled from the truck & beaten. .

I'm not saying that the choices that the driver made were correct, but I can understand why he was in a panic.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tom2p
1 hour ago, Achto said:

I really wish that they would stop showing the edited version of this incident.:( The news version of the incident leaves out a truck driver who unknowingly entered a highway and was attacked by protestors. The clip that the news shows is after the driver broke free of his attackers & was fleeing in panic for his own safety. There is no volume in the clips of the driver laying on the air horn to warn protestors that he was coming through. You will notice in the clip that the driver does everything in his power to avoid running over the person lying in the road, he was not there to cause a seen or injure people.

If you watch this jumbled up clip you will see some of the scenes that happened before he ran his truck towards a crowd, before he finally stopped and was pulled from the truck.

I'm not saying that the choices that the driver made were correct, but I can understand why he was in a panic.

'peaceful protestors'

on a major highway - throwing things at an occupied vehicle and climbing on it 

• Thanks 2

bottjernat1

Ok so i found out more to this he actually hit the semi. totaled his truck. No drugs involved. Then he refused care and went home and was just chillin at home. I guess he called his pastor first then just went home. and the pastor and 1 other person knew and nobody else did. his mom,dad, not anybody knew and that is why folks were freaking out. He is more embarrassed then anything. Everyone walked away a ok!

• Like 3