Stormin

R.I.P Disco.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Norm how often do you have a MOT inspection on a vehicle ?  Did the Dino end up at a scraper yard ?

Stormin

M.O.T. is annual. My local garage took the Disco as part payment for the Hyundai. He'll break it for parts.

Sparky

My wife has a 2011 Santa Fe 4x4 with the 3.5 v6. It’s a rocket ship!! 

lynnmor

Do they apply salt, chemicals or pre-treat roads in your area?  Here in the northeast US vehicles are destroyed by the miserable stuff.  If no salt, to what do you attribute the decay?

Stormin

They use salt on the roads if it's going to freeze or snow. Back end of the Disco's are a bad design. Fuel tank is there between the chassis rails. Real muck trap.

squonk

You could have saved a boatload of cash by just driving one of the horses. Then used the money to visit all of us blokes! Could have brought Chris along! :teasing-poke:

sent from a van down by the river using my thumbs! 

Edited by squonk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Tractorhead

Sadly that the Disco rips,

my last (Truck) i prepared the whole frame and underbody with mike sanders Wax

and the cavities with mike sanders Grease.

after 10years i owned her an used her day by day still nearly no rust.

Also the while Astra i had before until the marten kills my enginharness.

so whole harness burnt, but the underbody looks still nice nearly no rust, but it must be refreshed all2 years.

The application is a mess, but it‘s worth that mess on application if you see the results.

if you prepare you new Santa, you will have a lot of Fun for several years without rust troubles.

i knew the Santa from a friend who has the same but an 2007 model with Automatic.

That‘s a great puller horse.

I wish you

Allway‘s if needed best grip under your tires and hundrets of thousednds of miles with Fun👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

stormin ,that road salt needs to be regularly hosed off, made up a plastic pipe under car sprayer , that i regularly use in salty conditions . the myriad of colors that come off the car is amazing. i also heavy oil spray the underside of all my cars , for a zero rot effect . good luck with your new car, pete 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I have the cousin to that car. Kia Sorento.

Decent enough rig.

Wish we could get the diesel though...

• Like 2

Stormin
7 hours ago, peter lena said:

stormin ,that road salt needs to be regularly hosed off, made up a plastic pipe under car sprayer , that i regularly use in salty conditions . the myriad of colors that come off the car is amazing. i also heavy oil spray the underside of all my cars , for a zero rot effect . good luck with your new car, pete 

The trouble with the Disco's, Pete, is where the fuel tank is. Very inaccessible, even to pressure wash. 18 years and over 270,000 miles took their toll.

• Like 1

meadowfield

thats a shame Norm, how could you give in on the old girl!  and a TD5 too!

Dads 1995 Disco has had a lot of welding done during lockdown!

Mike'sHorseBarn

I wish they offered small diesel SUV's like that in the US. I think Toyota sells a diesel RAV4 in Europe if I'm not mistaken. I've just always wondered why they never offered them in the US?

WHNJ701
2 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

I wish they offered small diesel SUV's like that in the US. I think Toyota sells a diesel RAV4 in Europe if I'm not mistaken. I've just always wondered why they never offered them in the US?

wonder if those rav4s burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles?

• Haha 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
1 minute ago, jabelman said:

wonder if those rav4s burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles?

Haha no idea. Although I have a RAV4 that I have no issues with, but it only has 36,000 miles on it.

WHNJ701

we had no issues with ours either other burning oil like crazy, Toyota told me they build their engines loose and it's typical! it had 25k when we bought it and traded it in with 175k.  

Sparky
52 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

I think it’s all EPA regulations that keep the manufacturers from offering diesels here in the US. 

Agreed! I would love to have a small diesel SUV to use as my daily commuter 

• Like 1

squonk
14 hours ago, peter lena said:

• Haha 1