Sammy

1277???

Sammy

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me decode this serial number on my newly bought 1277. If you know production numbers, original price, etc... i would like to find someone that does. Please help me with this tractor!

EFCA120B-9C4D-4095-A468-FBDBF9711171.jpeg

E32D2862-0525-4780-9F71-442265277312.jpeg

7DCA7072-1BA6-4D1E-BDFD-3496467520BF.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

Stepney

Welcome, she looks pretty clean.

12hp. 7 means hydrostatic drive. And the last 7 is the year. 1967.

• Like 3

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:and yes does look very clean and possibly orginal. Had a deck hanging off it at least once but is sporting  the later early 70's and better style mid mount mule drive. Serial  does not matter except to our files mod. who may want to record it for archives. 

Edited by WHX24

Sammy
18 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

It has the original 36” deck with it but I had put the different mid mount mile drive on so I could use the bigger decks. And I’m just looking for more information on it.

18 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Achto
7 hours ago, Sammy said:

I’m just looking for more information on it.

Here is a link for the manuals.

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:

Good looking 1277, glad you found us. This sales brochure may be interesting to look at, we don't have any production numbers but most of the units sold in 1967 would have been manual 3 speeds and 6 speeds, the Hydros were just too expensive for most buyers. Also, there is a chart showing what implements will fit without modification.

• Like 2

bottjernat1

:text-welcomewave:They are great machines!

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: That is a beautiful example of a 1277 you have there. My first Horse was a 1277, still have it just trying to find time to do a heart transplant on her. Great machines for mowing, mine has a 48" deck on it and ran it with no problems, the hydrostatic drive makes mowing around obstacles so much easier. You've got the hydraulic lift as well, that's something I hope to find someday. Good luck with it

Sammy
11 hours ago, HandyProfessor said:

:WRS: That is a beautiful example of a 1277 you have there. My first Horse was a 1277, still have it just trying to find time to do a heart transplant on her. Great machines for mowing, mine has a 48" deck on it and ran it with no problems, the hydrostatic drive makes mowing around obstacles so much easier. You've got the hydraulic lift as well, that's something I hope to find someday. Good luck with it

Yeah we have a few hydro tractors around. We have a c-121 with the hydro transmission but manual lift, a 12 automatic with hydro lift and drive, and then we have our pride and joy 1969 gt14 witch is all original with hydro lift and drive.   We like hydros, they are so much easier!

• Like 1

WHX??

Thanks for that fold out Richard you know what a '67 ,fan I am! That's about the only piece of :wh:  literature I would ever pay for. Curious the six speeds weren't in there tho or did I miss them? 

I wanna say they went for 7-800 new but don't quote me on that. I know there is a member here who had some vintage price sheets but don't remember who. :)

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1