71_Bronco

PTO Driven Pestiside Sprayer?

71_Bronco

Was spraying my outside patio today with weed killer. I have one of the small gallon sized bottles that you pump the top, then spray with the wand.

Was thinking it would be cool if you could rig up a larger tank to the front / hood, and have a PTO driven pump to be able to spray.

I saw the post from another member about the system that goes through the exhaust, but I'm thinking more of a spray wand / nozzle with just a pump driven by the PTO and a belt.

Does such a thing exist?

8ntruck

There was a Wheel Horse on CL last fall that included some sort of front mounted spray rig.  Didn't pay much attention to it, but it looked like a home made rig.

Would be possible and not too  difficult.  You could use a small air compressor driven by the pto to pressurize the tank, just like the hand pump models - don't forget a pressure regulator in this type of system, unless you want a big a badda BOOM!

wallfish

Where abouts in CT are you?

I have some sort of sprayer parts and frame with hoses and nozzles but it doesn't have the container tank or a pump. I don't know much about it as it came in on trade with some other stuff.  Certainly enough there to make what you want but I'd go with a readily available 12v pump.

Let me know if you're interested and I can get some pics.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

You can purchase complete units or just the tank part from Northern. I purchased a complete unit that has a 12 V pump . Comes with lines to attach to battery . Has a long hose and a great nozzle . I just load the tank ( 16 gallon ) in the trailer hook up the lines and ride the tractor to where I want to spray. It was about 149.00 . 

• Like 2

Dan.gerous
21 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You can purchase complete units or just the tank part from Northern. I purchased a complete unit that has a 12 V pump . Comes with lines to attach to battery . Has a long hose and a great nozzle . I just load the tank ( 16 gallon ) in the trailer hook up the lines and ride the tractor to where I want to spray. It was about 149.00 . 

Pictures please 😁

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Dan.gerous I will try to get you some pictures tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

squonk
22 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You must have some big honking bugs at your House! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, squonk said:

You must have some big honking bugs at your House! :bow-blue:

It is for Black Spot fungus . About 100 feet of red tips and other bushes it attacks.

squonk

The fungus is among us! 

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Dan.gerous Attached are pictures of the sprayer and the trailer I haul it . It is a Model 99919 for Northern Tool , holds 16 gallons . Has an external filter which is removable .It has an on/off switch on the cable that hooks to the tractor battery. It has about 15 feet of sprayer hose. It has these plastic clip to hold the spray wand when not in use. They are junk and do not work. Has a nice large opening on the top for loading chemicals   and a drain on the low side on on end remove any left over chemicals. 

100_6183.JPG

100_6184.JPG

100_6185.JPG

100_6186.JPG

100_6187.JPG

100_6188.JPG

100_6190.JPG

100_6191.JPG

100_6192.JPG

100_6189.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Skipper

You can get small roller pumps for pto use if you like that over electric. However the electric work just fine, and not that much current draw. You could make a bracket for something like this on the back too. Would take some counterweight on the nose though :-)

20190419_162019.jpg.eaa7f3a0cc0cc0091a97ac42284fe7cd.jpg

20190419_145228.jpg.530fef8c2bb55557b0c5b5ceead3cb3a.jpg

More on that here: 

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1