Greentored

Building my ultimate horse

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Greentored said:

It WAS a mini flashlight. The third time it fell apart I didn’t locate it ha. 

So it's literally a hanging hunk of flotsam and jetsam.

Super cool

• Haha 1

Tractorhead
15 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Buddy, I lost my temper THREE times today messing with that wheel and had to walk away....and that was AFTER it was apart and trying to reassemble, countersinking the plastic on the wheel and using a bolt instead of a roll pin. 
One pair of vice grips was thrown 🤣

So far i‘m glad i‘m not allone with that steerwheel - rollpin issue.

I try to push the rollpin out with a Breakthru but no success until now, just a destroyed breakthru.

next try was to carefully drill it out tomorrow.

hopefully that will work.

Greentored
10 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

So far i‘m glad i‘m not allone with that steerwheel - rollpin issue.

I try to push the rollpin out with a Breakthru but no success until now, just a destroyed breakthru.

next try was to carefully drill it out tomorrow.

hopefully that will work.

They are VERY difficult to drill, Ive never had good luck. Maybe sharper drill bits in Bavaria 😂👍

• Haha 1

Tractorhead
9 minutes ago, Greentored said:

They are VERY difficult to drill, Ive never had good luck. Maybe sharper drill bits in Bavaria 😂👍

Oh, and i thought i must firstly sharpen my drill bit, the first 2 mm goes relatively easy, but than it stucks.

Soak it several times before with Ballistol a Gun oil but no move when i hit it with breakthru.

What diameter is it originally? Seems on mine it is close to 4 mm right?

tom2p
1 hour ago, Greentored said:

Buddy, I lost my temper THREE times today messing with that wheel and had to walk away....and that was AFTER it was apart and trying to reassemble, countersinking the plastic on the wheel and using a bolt instead of a roll pin. 
One pair of vice grips was thrown 🤣

one time in a fit of rage I threw a hammer to the garage floor  

the hammer bounced up off the end of the garage floor - tomahawked up into the air - and then landed on the hood of my car parked outside in front of the garage  ... freshly painted killarney green / placer gold striped hood ... (good old martin senour ? lacquer job)

not one of my better moments 

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, tom2p said:

one time in a fit of rage I threw a hammer to the garage floor  

the hammer bounced up off the end of the garage floor - tomahawked up into the air - and then landed on the hood of my car parked outside in front of the garage  ... freshly painted killarney green / placer gold striped hood ... (good old martin senour ? lacquer job)

not one of my better moments 

I've had more of those and I would care to count in the distant past.....

Tuneup

Or you can be like me and hammer the hub off the axle with the trans on the bench. Just frustration after killing a puller on it. When the hub shattered (yeah, I know, my bad), the piece skimmed across our nice Ford's hood. Not too bad and the wife never noticed. Happily, there is probably a better word, she was sandwiched at a stop light last year. Not a bad accident for her but the front end got an $8K facelift. Nice new hood. I feel better now. I also pull those hubs in a more patient way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Handy Don
17 hours ago, Greentored said:

Made of tempered spring steel. Drill bit eaters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ohiofarmer
On 12/25/2020 at 9:01 AM, Greentored said:

If I am partly responsible for making just one of you fellas pick up a paint gun and give it a try, I am a happy camper! 

Again, it is MUCH more difficult to make a spray can job look good- if you’re even halfway decent at that, you’ll be a pro with a spray gun! 

This might be helpful in how to set up a paint gun from a guy who is not a pro painter. He calls this job a scratch and spray and is not intimidating in the least. Mustie1 even watches him!

I get his humor, but then i am half nuts anyway.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

bottjernat1

I follow this guy on YouTube  he is pretty cool! Works on a lot of neat old iron!

• Like 3

WHX??

Wow one fine looking steed ther Green. :handgestures-thumbupright: Lookin like ther might be some attention to detail ther? Some stainless??  Something funky looking about the steering wheel tho?? 

Round seat left my hands last Monday so should be in your grubby mitts soon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Beautious maximus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Greentored
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Something funky looking about the steering wheel tho?? 

What do you mean? I’m not in the photo🤣 

Man, I did go nuts with detail and had to remind myself this is going to work, not a parade ha....

Awesome job on getting that seat out bud, thanks! Yours got a quick shot of vinyl/fabric black aerosol, no extra charge😆  I’ll box that baby up this week and get it out to ya! Shoot me an address. 

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Greentored said:

What do you mean? I’m not in the photo

:ROTF:

WHX??
13 hours ago, Greentored said:

Shoot me an address. 

Pm sent ... I'll have to go back and read the whole thread. I usually wait till a guy is done with a build that way I can skip the wisecracks by the other :occasion-clown: :occasion-clown: here! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
22 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Pm sent ... I'll have to go back and read the whole thread. I usually wait till a guy is done with a build that way I can skip the wisecracks by the other :occasion-clown: :occasion-clown: here! :lol:

Since when do you not :occasion-clown: and wisecrack?  Or are you looking for less competition?

• Haha 2

Pullstart

Oh yeah, looks great Scott!  :happy-bouncyred:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

If you haven’t mentioned yet, sorry for my ignorance...  but how about opening that hood and showing off the rest of the exhaust?  Looks like a loop before the stack?

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:That seat cleaned up real nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

slim67
2 hours ago, Greentored said:

Got the round seat from @WHX24 installed- decided to try white and I dig it! Exhaust is done too, and took a little trail cruise on Sunday. Still need to do a pipe bracket, temp gauge, hitch cable, and still waiting on a couple decals, but for the most part Hoss is ready to go to work!

Like many of our 'projects', I believe this is the one that will never really be 'done'- gonna be adding, changing, and modifying little stuff, probably forever ha.

hoss13.jpg

hoss14.jpg

hoss15.jpg

Nice job red. Have fun with it.

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Greentored said:

temp gauge

?????

Greentored
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

?????

Its almost 9.5:1 ha, figured it might not hurt to have a temp gauge on it. 

The original plan was cylinder head temp, but may do oil temp instead, as perhaps I should be more concerned with cooking the oil and the bottom end than some heat up top.

Thinking back to old Harley stuff here- no cooling at all unless in motion, and a helluva lot more power than our tractors. They relied on oil to help- (obviously pressurized which we dont have......)  the top ends would COOK in hot weather traffic, but as long as the oil didn't, they rarely gave any trouble.....

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Its almost 9.5:1 ha, figured it might not hurt to have a temp gauge on it. 

The original plan was cylinder head temp, but may do oil temp instead, as perhaps I should be more concerned with cooking the oil and the bottom end than some heat up top.

Thinking back to old Harley stuff here- no cooling at all unless in motion, and a helluva lot more power than our tractors. They relied on oil to help- (obviously pressurized which we dont have......)  the top ends would COOK in hot weather traffic, but as long as the oil didn't, they rarely gave any trouble.....

Gotcha. 

Any thoughts what you're using for a gauge or sending unit or anything?