Jump to content
Bertie

GT14 grub scew..

Recommended Posts

Bertie
Posted (edited)

Can someone tell me what size and thread the transmission oil plug grub screw is, also I need to remove the strainer which I presume is behind the pump.

20200519_151708.jpg

Edited by Bertie
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie

20200519_151901.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut

The drain plug is 1/4" NPT (pipe thread) The strainer is able to be accessed by removing the Hydrogear assembly. Remove the bolts circled and lift the pump a few inches.

1759603732_GT14pump.jpg.dcf85588e888cbb4abb46ac102e62a5b.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie

I'm having trouble splitting the casing to then lift it ... any tips on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pfrederi

I use a putty knife line it up with the seam (side edge of knife) and tap it in with a hammer.  working your way around.  Once I get a little gap a screwdriver ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Rsr6932
2 hours ago, Bertie said:

I'm having trouble splitting the casing to then lift it ... any tips on this.

I hose clamps my chainfall to the axel hub  and raised it up a half inch off of the stand tapped it all the way around a few and was able to use a block a hit the gear shifter block and was able to catch another spot hanging out on the other side

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie

Well the hydro pump is off but the case just will not split to get to the strainer, no point getting frustrated 😂 

20200524_172552.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie

20200524_172349.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
gt14rider

Bertie , like paul said remove 5 bolts . There are 2 long bolts though gear box, 3 bolts in left side cover,  tap with a plastic dead blow hammer,  work putty knife around pump, if it still doesn't budge, soak with penetrating oil around the pump, careful not prying or hitting to hard, don't want to damage mating surfaces.  Slow and easy. Also be careful not to get any dirt in pump, must be super clean. 

Screenshot_20200524-150947_Gallery.jpg

  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie
1 hour ago, gt14rider said:

Bertie , like paul said remove 5 bolts . There are 2 long bolts though gear box, 3 bolts in left side cover,  tap with a plastic dead blow hammer,  work putty knife around pump, if it still doesn't budge, soak with penetrating oil around the pump, careful not prying or hitting to hard, don't want to damage mating surfaces.  Slow and easy. Also be careful not to get any dirt in pump, must be super clean. 

 

 

Thanks I'll take as much care as possible... would you know if gasket sets are still available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
gt14rider

Yes, Pump to case,  from dealer or from one of are red square vendors. Only one seal,the rest are o rings 

Screenshot_20200524-194022_Chrome.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie

Thanks for the help guys, I was amazed at the condition of the strainer it was very clean... I did however see the condition of the brake pawl which has split, do I have to split the trans to remove it or can I remove the external brake leaver to get it out... 

20200525_160545.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pfrederi
1 hour ago, Bertie said:

Thanks for the help guys, I was amazed at the condition of the strainer it was very clean... I did however see the condition of the brake pawl which has split, do I have to split the trans to remove it or can I remove the external brake leaver to get it out... 

20200525_160545.jpg

Have never tried to remove the brake with ou splitting.  You are going to have about a 3 inch shaft coming with it..  Cannot hurt to try..if it works lets us know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

Have never tried to remove the brake with ou splitting.  You are going to have about a 3 inch shaft coming with it..  Cannot hurt to try..if it works lets us know...

I will indeed its worth a go as I think I can get to it. 

20200525_164840.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie

Ok next question any advice on removing the brake arm to release the pawl guys..

20200525_164923.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
gt14rider

Bertie, there is a roll pin holding lever on, knock out pin , tap shaft into case , remove parking brake . Let us know if you can get it out with out splitting case. I would split the cases and clean and check bearings and seals.  It's only 4 more bolt. If you do split cases large pin in rear of case needs to come off, can be a pain, soak with penetrating fluid, press or tap out, a little heat won't hurt 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bertie

Thanks to all who have helped me out so far, also found crushed/broken forward/reverse springs etc but sourced them including gaskets from "wheel horse parts and more" great service and shipped today... I will update as I go not doubt for more advice 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...