Sign in to follow this  
Olratlr

D 180

Olratlr

Well Guys I went and picked up a D 180 Friday runs real good has a three point hitch.

I got a Harrow a plow and a snow blade with it but there is a lot of play in the steering

what can I do to help this I haven't received my manual on it yet?Thanks in advance. :omg:

pfrederi

Start with trying to ID where the play is the worst. Could be the tie rod ends are shot or the ball joints in the bell crank. If you turn the steering wheel and watch the steering arm on the steering gear, box you may see free play there also. The manual says you can adjust it by loosening the lock nut on the right side of the box and using a stubby screw driver to tighten the treaded shaft (it is slotted on the end) then retightening the lock nut. All this from underneath.

Well the manual is in my opinion full of s**t. I can barely get my hands up in there and after loosening the lock nut could n't get any movement with the screw driver.:omg:

Also the manual doesn 't consider the Rear PTO shaft which makes access even harder. I need to pull my steering assembly (again the manual says from the bottom but first I have to remove the Rear PTO

:drool:

Good Luck. I hope your slop is in the tie rod/bell crank

Eriks Red horse herd

Hey go back and read you first post!!

Olratlr

Thanks Paul I will give it a try next week. :omg:

Olratlr

Hey go back and read you first post!!

Which Post are you talking about????? :omg:

Eriks Red horse herd

Your post dated may 4th