danweikert21

Ground issues

danweikert21

Just am wondering does the ground wire from my starter solied go dircetly to the battery or somewhere else. I'm new to this so wanted to make sure Im doing it right. 

Pullstart

Ground wires aren’t too picky as long as they have good connections.  Straight to the battery is a perfect spot though!

what tractor are you working on?

• Like 2

squonk

How many posts are on your solenoid? What model tractor? Most solenoids ground thru the solenoid body. 1 big terminal from the battery positive, the other big terminal to the starter. Small post to the key switch.

• Like 2

danweikert21

Im working on a Raider 10 model 1-6041 which would normally have a Tecumseh HH-100 but I got a kohler K 241 and rewired it. 

• Like 2

danweikert21
On 5/18/2020 at 2:05 PM, squonk said:

How many posts are on your solenoid? What model tractor? Most solenoids ground thru the solenoid body. 1 big terminal from the battery positive, the other big terminal to the starter. Small post to the key switch.

My solenoid is has two big post and then two small posts on for the key and one for the ground. The reason I have to ground it is because the soliod is on the engine itself. Thank you for helping me with this

peter lena

i have also added a battery size cable from  my engine base bolt to my dash/ console area , insuring solid grounding.  done that on my three horses , and electrical issues are gone, pete 

D_Ram
On 5/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, danweikert21 said:

Im working on a Raider 10 model 1-6041 which would normally have a Tecumseh HH-100 but I got a kohler K 241 and rewired it. 

Do you still have the HH100 and parts?