Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

HY 2 bell crank

Kelly

I picked this up off ebay in a pile of stuff a guy had listed, he never answered my emails, so I took a chance that this one part, was for a HY 2 kit, I get the stuff today, and I see the extra piece on it is welded to it :omg: but it fits in the tractor body just like it should, and the short arm with the round tube sticking out acts like a stop against the dash tower, but all the pics I can find none have that extra part, so any idea what it is for?? looks factory, as I said it fit the tower very nice. this is for the 61 and 62 tractors.

100_2031.jpg

100_2030.jpg

Kelly

No one has a clue on this????

linen beige

It sure looks like an HY-2 lift arm to me, but I've no clue what the extra arm is for. :omg: Hein-Werner made similar lifts for several other brands. Could it be non Wheel Horse?

perry

wish i could help ya :omg: .

i would think someone here would have a hy-2 lift to compare. :drool:

Eriks Red horse herd

Kelly- that definately is a HY-2 lift link. Found a parts suplement in with my HY-2 parts manual where it shows new lift assembly that replaces old assembly. will try to upload parts page tomorrow.

linen beige

Is the supplement drawing the same as the one in these manuals?

http://www.wheelhorse.org/manuals/Prior%20...Accessories.pdf

If so, the lift arm,part#4818, is the same in both drawings for the HY-2 and doesn't have the extra arm Kelly's talking about. The other lift arm, part#2265, is for the HY-3 and is made to fit the '63 hood stand.

If you have another parts drawing for the HY-2 please post it so we can learn from it.

Kelly

I'm sure this is the lift part for a HY 2 it fits perfect, but trying to figure out the extra piece on it, as I said it looks factory, but no idea what it's for.

Eriks Red horse herd

Hope this helps explain the extra arm.

hy2liftbracket.jpg

linen beige

Thanks Erik. This new part looks to eliminate the roll pin that connects Part #4231 to part# 4818 yet Kelly's is drilled for the roll pin.

Kelly, Will that extra arm allow the lift to move up and down without hitting the dash tower?

Kelly

I have not tried it with a lift cyl. hooked up, but with just the lift arm, it hits the dash tower like a stop up and down, to bad I don't have the correct center part now, but I know not to cut it off as it is factory, just a updated part. Thanks Eric.