3WHDave

Up dated pics of D-180 restoration...

oliver2-44

Looks Great.

Please share a little more about the 2 part IH red you used. Maybe some pictures of the can labels, etc.

3WHDave

I just edited the first paragraph, if you didn’t see the typo, you are lucky!  I am digging through trash for paint can, but here are the rattle cans from Tractor Supply:

2B0B1C73-9C6C-4536-92F3-C665C59B0376.jpeg

D130D97A-5724-4343-9507-FAC6CA327A23.jpeg

• Like 3

Pullstart

Looks amazing!  Well done :clap:

bottjernat1

:text-yeahthat:Not to shabby!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

3WHDave

Thank you. Saturday will be startup day. I will film it (always with a fire extinguisher in hand!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3WHDave

All of my vehicles have two things in common, gas shut off and battery shut off. Waiting for the gas shut off valve to come in before I start It. I don’t Like putting gas in the tank, and then needing to go back and change the valve

• Like 1

posifour11
On 5/8/2020 at 7:13 AM, 3WHDave said:

All of my vehicles have two things in common, gas shut off and battery shut off. Waiting for the gas shut off valve to come in before I start It. I don’t Like putting gas in the tank, and then needing to go back and change the valve

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

3WHDave

Good news/bad news…  The engine fire-up, a few coughs, but it sputtered to life!  Bad news, no Motion!  I checked to oil levels (engine and rear hydrostatic tank) and both were up to level.  I went onto the Redhorse chatroom and began reading.  It was at that point which I realized that the “PUSH VALVE” was open.  I pushed the unit out of the garage, closed the valve and started it, expected to be performing figure eights in the drive, no such luck.  The hydraulics on the three-point hitch are very responsive, but no tractor motion.  I went into the chatroom and found many good references by which to diagnose the issue.  I write because I have serious question about the shift linkage and proper function.  To be clear, my unit is a D-0180, no parking brake on front panel, three shift slots on the right panel (park, forward and revers).  What are the basics I may be overlooking before ripping out the hydraulic pump?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1