CMarrero

New Member with Raider 14

CMarrero

Hi everyone! I am super excited to be posting this. I have been a member of the group since last Fall, but never posted until now. 

My grandparents used to own a lake house in KY, and my grandpa had a Wheel Horse that he kept there to mow with. Unfortunately he passed away in 2008, and I was in HS and then I went to college, so I was not able to do anything with the tractor. It sat in the shed until last fall when my grandma sold the house. She gave me the tractor, and I brought it home last fall.

From the research I have done so far I have been able to figure out its a 1972 Raider 14 with the K321. 

One thing this one has that I haven't seen on many others so far is the electric/hydraulic lift next the left rear wheel.

I am very mechanically inclined, so I am really looking forward to doing a restoration on this thing and bringing it back to life to use in the future and I know my grandpa would get a kick out of all this as well. 

It is in pretty rough shape, but it does run! Nothing else works though.

The main thing that needs addressed is the electrical. It is very rotted and has been chewed to pieces. I included several pictures of that.

I also know so far I need the following parts:
Tie Rods and Ends
All the bearings in the front "suspension"
Points and Condensor- Do I need to change these if it currently runs?
I also plan on doing spark plug, air filter, fuel filter and lines, all that basic stuff.

I attached several pictures. If anyone can give me ANY more information on this thing please just start throwing information at me. It's hard to ask questions to learn when you don't know what to ask or look for. 

I also do have the 48" deck, and front plow blade for it. 

Thank You guys and I look forward to the future with this group and this tractor!

Here is a link to more pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uQ2Jgw_m4K0fZDM9gxEiHNZsyBcrZ2UG?usp=sharing

20200503_145155.jpg

Edited by CMarrero
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4

wfrpalm

I never saw a lift like that. This is the place to get answers, Good luck.

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:

it’s great that you have the interest and drive to save your grandfather’s old tractor!

Most will agree, don’t replace old points if it runs.  You’ll be better off filing those if you ever need to dress them up compared to replacing them with today’s materials.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

WHX??

:WRS:

That is a fine looking tractor and we thank you for wanting to keep it going. I would suggest get it in good mechanical shape and use it. Any parts you need we can help. Wheel horse parts and more will have tie rods. 

CMarrero

Thank you guys! 

Anyone have any idea where to find an easy to read wiring schematix for the battery ignition system this uses? Can't seem to find one so far. 

WHX??

Yes one can be had here but one of the other fellas will have to help you out as smart phones with no wifi and I don't get along. Richard @953 nut might have a dandy. 

953 nut
38 minutes ago, CMarrero said:

have any idea where to find an easy to read wiring

:WRS:

I just finished responding to your other thread with some wiring information that should help. Glad to see a :wh: stay in the family and younger generations showing it some love.           :woohoo:

Tractorhead

:text-welcomewave:

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

rjg854

:WRS:  looks to be in good shape, get the wiring straighten out , and make sure mechanically it works well and enjoy it.