Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

ebinmaine

Car is packed up, strapped down, bikes all on. Bike trailer and pull cart up top. Just need clothes, food, and bedding. 

House and dog are in good hands. 

20240523_182624.jpg.d826b0bf54fd985c1a859308baf35d82.jpg

We're going to a NH State Park that has 2 "remote" sites. The one we're at is 7/10 of a mile from the parking area. Each way. 

I'll likely do 3 trips to set up. Same for takedown later. 

There's  8.4  miles of dirt road & trail riding alone. 😀

We'll also ride several miles while there. 

Aaaannndd walk several miles. 

Plenty of food. Some adult beverages. Excellent company. Camp 🏕 fire 🔥 

Coffee ️. 

Should be a phenomenal weekend. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

CCW
49 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The one we're at is 7/10 of a mile from the parking area. Each way

Up hill each way?

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, CCW said:

Up hill each way?

Sure feels it by the last pull.  

This particular site has had a major improvement in parking maybe two years ago. 

The old spot was barely large enough for 2 or 3 cars and right on the edge of the road. Private park road but just the same, decent level of traffic. 

It was also a few stories of elevation gain from parking to campsite. 

The new parking area is significantly larger and set several hundred feet up the road from the old entrance. 

Now it's a nearly level ride. 

MUCH easier. 

• Like 1

Keaton

its only 6:17 here but been a crazy morning, I was wonken up at 5:00 because of tornados, the last day of 8th grade for me and it is high winds, rain and tornados, so not good and we dont have a delay or cancel or anything, so that's how my day and some of Iowa's had been, hows yours?

87 416-8 horse

We were hit by the same storm @Keatonit hit us around 2:00 am and we went back to bed around 4:00. Luckily I’m homeschooled so I don’t have to worry about going to school. We had 75-85 mph winds and intense rain. Also there was a hook on the front edge of the storm that went right over us. Thankfully we didn’t have any tornados near us. 

Handy Don
3 hours ago, Keaton said:

high winds, rain and tornados

1 hour ago, 87 416-8 horse said:

hit by the same storm

Glad you guys came through OK and didn’t miss any school! Those storms are even making the news way over here in the East!

Yesterday morning we got woken up by a thunder and lightning hailstorm, uncommon for us. Thankfully no damage but really noisy.

Keaton
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Glad you guys came through OK and didn’t miss any school! Those storms are even making the news way over here in the East!

Yesterday morning we got woken up by a thunder and lightning hailstorm, uncommon for us. Thankfully no damage but really noisy.

I wanted to miss school, but Im here now...

• Like 1

87 416-8 horse

After school I walked around the farm and didn’t see any damage. The rain was coming down so hard it flatten most of the tall grass.

ebinmaine

4 loads in with the bike & trailer. 

20240524_174950.jpg.7fd51bc1ba75865ee080754bf928b091.jpg

1.25 miles per load. 

Damn good workout. 

:lol:

Now for some settin' and munchin'...

20240524_162418.jpg.a6da784d53887b8ee21b50db55a26b6f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

8ntruck

More mixing concrete for deck post holes.  Also discovered that one of the holes I made is in the WRONG SPOT! :angry-banghead:   Turns out that I marked the center point on the wrong side of my story stick.  Was off by the width of a 2X12.  The post hole anger is gone.  Going to have to dig the new one with post hole diggers.:scratchead:  Fortunately, the soil is very sandy.

Morgan, the 14-8 got a little exercise moving the Dolphin sailboat out of my wife's cousin's garage.  Interesting.  Was pretty calm today.  Wednesday, we had a pretty steady 15 to 20 mph west wind - enough to push the water to the east, raising the water level on our side of the lake a couple three inches.

• Like 2

Beap52

Waxed the sedan delivery today.  It's been several years since I took time to do that.  It was painted about '73.  As paint chips off, I touch up with a rattle can so it's getting a little splotchy and thin.  Wife and I went for a drive here in the Ozarks this afternoon.   Cowl vent, wing windows and the other two windows rolled down--actually pretty pleasant with all of the  moving air.  The tractors today featured Montgomery & Wards tractors.  My buddy and I bought an engine overhaul kit from Montgomery & Wards for the 1957 235 Chevrolet engine we used to replace the 216.  

delivery rear.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

Horse Newbie

Cut the grass today… no pics of that…

Been meaning to pull a little maintenance and lube on the Cub Cadet HDS 2155 which is my primary mowing tractor.

Hit a little spot of wash-out concrete where a concrete truck driver washed out where I cut. Heard a different noise that normal coming from the deck, and that made me decide to go ahead with lubing, cleaning, and sharpening the blades on the deck.

I have 2 used blades that are fine to use so I will be sharpening those and but some replacements for spares.

I used POR-15 on the underside of the deck and man I’m telling you it is holding up great !

Made the stuck grass come off easily with a putty knife after brushing on a little dirty diesel fuel I had sitting around.

Got to check one more deck spindle to make sure hitting the concrete did not bend it, sharpen blades, reassemble, and then I can get back to scaring gophers.

IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg

IMG_3968.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Tractorhead
9 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

get back to scaring gophers.

😂😂😂👍

• Like 1

Sparky

Bought the wife a trellis (is that what it’s called) at yesterday’s tractor show…so today it got painted. What a pain in the butt!! Super tedious!

But as long I’m in paint mode I decided to paint my walk-out basement doors which I have neglected for waaaaay too long.  

IMG_3392.jpeg

IMG_3394.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

ebinmaine

NIIIIICE 

• Thanks 1

19richie66

After 5 failures, finally a couple key racks in progress. 

IMG_5072.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Tractorhead
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

After 5 failures, finally a couple key racks in progress. 

IMG_5072.jpeg

Hey Richie, did you ever tried to laser Anodized Aluminum ?

normal Aluminum needs much more power to be lasered,

but anodized Aluminum have a crueld surface and needs so less power to be lasered.

that works like the same style as Wood.

on my CO2 Laser i engraved wood surfaces with about 10Watts

and anodized Aluminum with about 9- 12Watts

- just as a  info.

• Thanks 1

19richie66
24 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Hey Richie, did you ever tried to laser Anodized Aluminum ?

normal Aluminum needs much more power to be lasered,

but anodized Aluminum have a crueld surface and needs so less power to be lasered.

that works like the same style as Wood.

on my CO2 Laser i engraved wood surfaces with about 10Watts

and anodized Aluminum with about 9- 12Watts

- just as a  info.

Not yet but I want to. I have some aluminum business cards coming that I am planning on doing. I’m also looking into a fiber laser so I can do metal. We’ll see how that goes. Hope to meet you at the show. 👍

• Like 1

8ntruck

A friend brought his 1974 Ford skid steer over today and helped me place the stone porch railing caps on the brick railings on our front porch project here in Mo.  Got started around 10:30 and finished up about 1:30.   Yes, I got a little seat time in it.  3rd skid steer I've operated.  3rd different control system. 

Good news - no injuries or broken machines.

Bad news - two of the cap stones broke during handling due to pre existing cracks.  Going to have to do some stone carving to get everything back together.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Trina and I took a road trip today for a little Horse wranglin' and some visitin'.

We had the distinct pleasure of meeting  @Maz91 Mike in person.  

Great guy.  

This is a Workhorse 1100 chassis that'll be parted out the rest of the way for whomever needs whatever...

20240601_201817.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Dug helped move furniture today. Our new rental property has zero level access, so Dug toted dressers, washer dryer etc, up the slope to the back door! What the heck did we ever do without a loader?

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

The local garden planting and maintenance professionals,  BBT and her momma,  spent most of the day dodging sunlight in the garden. 

They got the WHOLE thing planted. 

I helped till for just a few minutes. I was busy running errands and other tinkering. 

IMG_20240602_172805.jpg.ac92265fe67b041de3b7089bc6a1829f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

19richie66

Finally swapped over to six lug D200 hubs and wheels on mamma’s tractor. Getting it ready to bring to the show. 

IMG_5104.jpeg

• Excellent 5

19richie66
Posted (edited)

Made a “sideways” version of the phone stand. Much better for viewing videos and you can fit more on it. Had to test it out. :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_5105.jpeg

IMG_5110.jpeg

IMG_5109.jpeg

IMG_5108.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1