Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

RandyLittrell

Threw some treated 2x4's around my hydrant out to the shop with some stepping stones and gravel. Still a little landscaping to do, but feels good to get something done once in awhile!

Randy

20210921_104047.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Had a full day of exercising, playing Barbies and watching dirt late models on TV with my two nieces who happen to be cousins.  Fun times!  Oh yeah, trampoline time too!

290C3AA0-9E37-4D5F-8D55-6FE384256FA7.jpeg

F9D91868-4DEF-49EF-AB98-F9CD1AB3431D.png

CB7CCBD0-407B-4163-B869-03F94218FC49.jpeg

639889E3-0A67-44D4-A56C-4E216D037F55.png

• Like 2
  • Heart 6

Stormin

Raided next doors plum tree this afternoon. Two big bowls of plums and loads still left on the tree. Maybe get a pie out of some of them. Most will go in the freezer for future pies.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Gregor

Switched to long pants. It's the beginning of the end. :crying-yellow:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, Gregor said:

71° here in Maine right this second. Can't switch to wearing pants until it's 45 to 50° for a daily high on a consistent basis. But then again. I'm not quite normal.

• Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

No…no…no…no…no.., :snooty:

Its the beginning of the high holy season…:occasion-snowman:

:banana-skier:

Gregor

I don't see why Jesus couldn't have been born in July, but then I suppose all the lights wouldn't look near as cool.

19richie66
16 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I don't see why Jesus couldn't have been born in July, but then I suppose all the lights wouldn't look near as cool.

I don’t know…… lighted palm trees with a hammock in them sounds good.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
54 minutes ago, Gregor said:

37 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I don’t know…… lighted palm trees with a hammock in them sounds good.

I am non denominational and open minded about many different possibilities. 

In point of fact it is legitimately possible that your messiah could very well have been born in any of the months from March to October. Likely not December. (The timing of availability of the shepherds alone would dictate this.)

The main point of celebration of any given holiday is not chronology but theology. 

I believe it matters not when you celebrate positive energy and a spirit of generosity. It matters that you do

Richie... Light up your palms whenever you like.  

• Like 4

19richie66
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I am non denominational and open minded about many different possibilities. 

In point of fact it is legitimately possible that your messiah could very well have been born in any of the months from March to October. Likely not December. (The timing of availability of the shepherds alone would dictate this.)

The main point of celebration of any given holiday is not chronology but theology. 

I believe it matters not when you celebrate positive energy and a spirit of generosity. It matters that you do

Richie... Light up your palms whenever you like.  

Too hot in July anyways. 😂

• Haha 2

Gregor
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I went to a Catholic school from kindergarten, through 8th. grade. I know about 40 nuns who would rap your knuckles with a ruler for a statement like that..:laughing-rofl:

Regardless, Let's NOT turn this conversation religious. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
Just now, 19richie66 said:

Too hot in July anyways. 😂

That I agree with!!!

ebinmaine
Just now, Gregor said:

I went to a Catholic school from kindergarten, through 8th. grade. I know about 40 nuns who would rap your knuckles with a ruler for a statement like that..:laughing-rofl:

Regardless, Let's NOT turn this conversation religious. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

I never would. 

Jeff-C175

I like music.  Out in my shop I've got 2 salvaged 'old school' stereos, a Lafayette LR-3030 and a Panasonic something or other.  I've got salvaged and repaired garage sale speaker systems on each.  They sound great and annoy the hell out of the neighbors because I like my Metallica LOUD!  What I do NOT like is listening to the drivel that spews out of the radio announcers mouths non-stop... 

I recently ripped my entire collection of over 400 CDs (remember those?) to HQ MP3 files and installed a terrabyte HD in my computer to store all my media.  I'm now working on the 500 plus vinyls that I own.

Keep reading, I'm getting to the point, honest!

I needed a way to easily get my  music out to the shop some 100' away.  I didn't want to run wires.  I found this little ditty on Amazon:

image.png.97ee327310ef4f5cb89c9af90406ee8d.png

It's about 1" x 2".  Tunes anywhere on the FM band.  Transmits stereo.  Plugs into a USB port on the computer.  It's powered via USB or optionally by batteries or a wall wart.  You need to solder a piece of wire into the "ANT" hole on the board.  As you see, there's no case, just a bare board.  It's got a cool blue backlight behind the display that you can set to have it on all the time, or only for 5 seconds after a button push.  

I had my doubts if it was any good but two pieces for $16 seemed like a no-brainer so I popped for it.  I could always return it if it was junk.

Well... guess what?  IT WORKS PERFECTLY!  Plug in the USB and it's recognized as a USB speaker immediately.  Start Media Player going and set the output to the device and it transmits extremely good fidelity in stereo.  So now I just tune in the device in the shop and can listen to my music without interruption by "Gotz" or "Joe Schmoe" or "Robin" blabbering... and all those ads...  It's like Sirius XM in the shop!  Today I transmitted Amazon Music all day long.  

Very pleased...  neighbors are NOT!  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

19richie66

Pretty cool thing you got there Jeff. I too hate commercials and blabber. Can’t stand talk radio. I have all my music in my home computer, an ipod, two spare hard drive, some on my cell phone and a good amount on a dvd. All different ways to jam.
  Finished this guy today and worked on another

76F2B38B-E89C-4078-BFCD-66B2CF557710.jpeg

20E179B3-6DF3-48DB-A35B-A68FF90C8A41.jpeg

63C06D12-3CEE-4278-A95F-9C930514E37C.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Excellent 7

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Pretty cool thing you got there

I turned it on and went for a little drive tonight to see how far it transmits.  On my car radio I'm getting about a 1/4 mile radius!  This is with a six foot piece of wire hung out the window on the ground floor.  This can't be more than 100 milliwatts RF output, and I don't 'think' that it's illegal but I know that the FCC has some kind of antenna length limitation that I may be exceeding.  I'm going to shorten the antenna a bit and see if I still get good clean signal in the shop.  I don't need to entertain the neighbors with my little 'radio station'!

I just realized that my new phone has an FM radio in it too!  I can plug in my earbuds and ride around on my 175 and listen too!  

Richie, I'm impressed with your mugs!  Very nice work!

• Like 2

Lee1977
On 9/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, Gregor said:

He was born a lot earlier then Dec. There would not have been shepherds in the field with there flocks in Dec. as there would have been nothing for them to eat.

• Excellent 1

ranger
4 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

He was born a lot earlier then Dec. There would not have been shepherds in the field with there flocks in Dec. as there would have been nothing for them to eat.

Maybe history has it wrong, perhaps Jesus was really born in Australia?

Edited by ranger
  • Like 2

Stormin

Had a request to make a pair of short mat bowls blockers, for a local village hall bowls club. Had a look at what I had and came up with these.

Pair of spare deck wheels, 2x2 scarp wood, 6mm thread bar, some nuts and washers, rubber bands courtesy of the local postie and a couple of bits of aluminium. 

P1030897.JPG.cc12f816b3af38c0c1d99134b679779f.JPG

They are placed half way down the mat and you have not to hit them. If you hit the wooden bars they swing and the rubber bands return them to their correct position. Your bowl is then taken off.

• Like 3

squonk
34 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Had a request to make a pair of short mat bowls blockers, for a local village hall bowls club. Had a look at what I had and came up with these.

Pair of spare deck wheels, 2x2 scarp wood, 6mm thread bar, some nuts and washers, rubber bands courtesy of the local postie and a couple of bits of aluminium. 

P1030897.JPG.cc12f816b3af38c0c1d99134b679779f.JPG

They are placed half way down the mat and you have not to hit them. If you hit the wooden bars they swing and the rubber bands return them to their correct position. Your bowl is then taken off.

I use my bowls for cereal and ice cream! :ychain:

• Haha 2

Gregor

Took me a bit to figure this out.:confusion-confused: I have done a LOT of bowling, but never ran into any wooden bars.

• Haha 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

Took me a bit to figure this out.:confusion-confused: I have done a LOT of bowling, but never ran into any wooden bars.

I had to Google the "short mat bowls blockers".  info

• Thanks 1

Stormin

:DI knew it would get you lads, puzzled.

Handy Don
5 hours ago, Stormin said:

They are placed half way down the mat and you have not to hit them. If you hit the wooden bars they swing and the rubber bands return them to their correct position. Your bowl is then taken off

Well played, sir. Shall we retire to the pavilion for a recreational beverage?