ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

he reversed

Good win Norm. 

I'd have done the same..

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Busy Morning!!!  at least it wasnt spent moving yet another trailer load of someones else's "stuff"(the dump is closed!!!!!! YAY!)

First mission today was to repair and improve Dugs wiring system after letting the smoke out.And while Ill post the results in the " What did ya do to your tractor today" topic, I will share my solution to the drizzly weather.

(And since this is my Mom's, Mrs brought me home one to keep in my shop!)

Then it was on to another hitching post build...this one has an old brake rotor that was PERFECT for the pot to snug around, just set the pot over, drill a hole in the bottom of the pot, and some pvc, and another modified coupler, then some black enamel paint. Disassembles easily, and ya just carry your rotor, pot, and pvc to wherever!

I think I deserve a nap!

20210529_112841.jpg

20210529_144606.jpg

20210529_144633.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

lynnmor
4 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Oh not to much... just got my Bigfoot hunting permit in the mail today! So that's kinda a big deal!

Just wait till you get the bill from the taxidermist, now THAT will be a big deal!   :shock:

• Haha 9

ohiofarmer

In short, I fixed today what I totally screwed up yesterday.  Having made a hasty front mount sprayer for a tractor, I hastily used a 5 gallon gas can for the tank. I was in a hurry and grabbed said tank to put enough 'gas" in the beater car to get to town.  Yep:happy-smileyinthebox: That's my sign..    The only good thing is i realized my mistake after about a gallon of 2-4-D and did not start the car.

Fired up the C-160 and she pulled that puppy with a little slipping on the wet gravel into the shop. Got it jacked up and fortunately he fuel filter was close to he polluted tank. The first fuel out was pure gasoline, so at least my second bone head move which was moving the key switch to accessory without disconnecting the battery did not put the weed spray into the fuel lines. My buddy at the auto parts store sold me a new fuel filter and some Heet the day before, so we were as ready as we knew how to be. He also warned  me not to run the fuel pump for very long and to not run it empty at all.

So the routine for today was 30 key on cycles for about a half gallon of gas, mow the yard for two rounds, rinse and repeat. Fellas, it was ugly. A white stratified layer of weed killer followed by a cloudy layer of gasoline. dumped hat in a clear container, and followed that up by collecting each batch and pouring it in a glass [to observe how much water was present] gallon jug, set outside in a safe place.Then pour out about 90 percent of the gas into a collection container and the watery spray/gas into another. There was a lot more fuel in the tank than I thought, and eventually the water became less and less. You could tell that the pump was pulling it from the tank bottom as eventually the white solids from the 2-4-D eventually vanished, followed by less and less water and eventually none that was visible as a clear bubble in the glass jug. With a great deal of confidence, i can say that he last five gallons out of the tank would have been perfectly fine to use in most engines, but I still took it out and probably will use it mixed with new fuel in the small engines.

After all this mess, I hooked up the fuel filter and she fired right up, and the lawn was also mowed while giving the fuel pump time to cool . What a big relief, and Mrs farmer was no longer mumbling the word "stupid" under her breath. I really feel that not getting in a hurry gave the water/spray time to settle to the bottom of the tank and that is why it all worked out. And finally, i put warning tags on the yard spray, dirty gas cans and so on so this does not happen again.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 6

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, ohiofarmer said:

I really feel that not getting in a hurry gave the water/spray time to settle to the bottom of the tank and that is why it all worked out. And finally, i put warning tags on the yard spray, dirty gas cans and so on so this does not happen again

Best to take your time doing things whenever possible.  

Around here we have no containers without labels. 

Trina and I have both been working for companies that are directly involved with Regulators far too long to do otherwise. Then, well frankly, it's just common sense.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead

Have 2 sort of Canisters.

few with a red cap or even red for diesel,

few others with different color caps in black for gasoline.

a quick grab to the false is shown at least at the color of the caps.

Maybe you can solve it also that Way. 

• Like 1

Stormin

Been a right grand day. Maybe a tad too hot. 21C-70F. I'd mowed the green and verges yesterday, so today I ran round the green with the lawn sweeper. Behind the C-125 BTW. I didn't pull it. Before that I strimmed round the lawn edges then mowed it.

Next door neighbour had dumped some nice soil down the bridleway, so I went down with the Sears with a couple of buckets and spade. The rack and box I made is more useful than I thought it would be.

P1030579.JPG.8356fb10f2d59594c0fbf10388fb8111.JPG

Used the soil, after I'd sieved it, to fill in a bit of a hollow in an edge of the lawn. That worked up a bit of a sweat. Rest of the afternoon was spent mooching about, visiting a neighbours, sitting on the decking watching the young moorhens and drinking pear cider. :beer:

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

today I ran round the green with the lawn sweeper. Behind the C-125 BTW. I didn't pull it.

:ROTF:

ebinmaine
On 5/26/2021 at 7:04 PM, ebinmaine said:

Trina's decided to resurface out back of the house in the area we call the "fire circle". 

It's a 26 foot diameter circle of 3/4" crushed stone with an antique truck rim in the center as our fire holder. That rim is surrounded by stones as is many things here. 

The Yard Decorations Department who also functions as our local stone setting expert will be laying in 12 x 12 x 2 cement pavers. Some gray, some red. 

Update to the project. 

The local cement pavers setting union which includes BBT and her Mama have been working on the circle. 

Here's a picture of the current status. 

IMG_20210530_121608.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

c-series don

Raining all day today,so I after breakfast I held down my recliner then it looked as if the couch needed holding down so I moved over to it. That turned into a nap.Had big plans but I guess every now and then you need a day like this!😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Raining all day today,so I after breakfast I held down my recliner then it looked as if the couch needed holding down so I moved over to it. That turned into a nap.Had big plans but I guess every now and then you need a day like this!😂

Couches and recliners have been known to float/levitate/fly off for all of recorded sitting device history. 

I too have been keeping my own recliner from uninhibited unplanned upward movement today. 

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse

Well it's 11pm EST, and rainin wicked haad bubs, but the cook must go on! 12hrs from now I should be pulling a lovely brisket from this beast! Oh and so much other stuff I can't even remember! 

20210530_231507.jpg

20210530_231519.jpg

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Horse Newbie

Today I raked as much of the front yard as I could...had to do a detailed clean up of the debri left from the tree job.

The tree man did a great job cleaning up, but he was not about to rake the whole yard.

Probably wont even try to sow grass going into June.

Also repaired a clean out on a storm drain pipe from my driveway that must have got bumped by the skid steer.

20210530_181502_HDR.jpg

20210530_113151.jpg

20210530_124339.jpg

20210530_152131.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Stormin

Took SWMBO to a local garden centre this morning. While Carol was perusing the plants for sale, I had a wander about. Spotted a garden feature/planter made of three tyres and a length of plastic drain pipe. I showed it to Carol. That was the first mistake. The second was when I said "I've got some old wheels and tyres and pipe.

So this afternoon you can guess what I've been doing?

P1030634.JPG.4f7da0cb8a425d595ec2f0d3b49501e7.JPG

Just needs filling with a soil and compost mix and then it's up to her.

I did see some other ideas, but kept them to myself. ;)

Edited by Stormin
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

lynnmor
5 hours ago, Stormin said:

Took SWMBO to a local garden centre this morning. While Carol was perusing the plants for sale, I had a wander about. Spotted a garden feature/planter made of three tyres and a length of plastic drain pipe. I showed it to Carol. That was the first mistake. The second was when I said "I've got some old wheels and tyres and pipe.

So this afternoon can you can guess what I've been doing?

Just needs filling with a soil and compost mix and then it's up to her.

I did see some other ideas, but kept them to myself. ;)

You need a large tractor tire in the front yard and let her do something with that.

Edited by lynnmor
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse

Well the 12hr brisket came out amazing and the birthday party / feast was a hit! There is no brisket left to speak of! And even tho it's not sunny and hot the rain held off and the afternoon was nice enough to hang out with every1 out doors! So definitely a nice birthday! Now been up for almost 30hrs gonna hit the hay!

20210531_103813.jpg

20210531_111301.jpg

20210531_115010.jpg

20210531_115017.jpg

20210531_115026.jpg

20210531_120527.jpg

20210531_120534.jpg

20210531_124819.jpg

20210531_000415.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 2

Tractorhead

Yummy, that looks a tasty Party 🥳 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Trina and her Mom spent some time over the last couple days installing a screen door on the kitchen side door. 

Of course when you dig in to something like this there's always 38 other things that need attention. 

Part of the lower section of the doorway is quite soft. She replaced a bit to get it usable for fastening. We'll get after that in a bigger scale later. 

The side deck will need to come off and a fair amount of wood siding as well. New door would be installed at that point too. 

Here's a few pics of progress and where it's at now...

IMG_20210531_192627.jpg.455c44b477bf1bd03402461245fa8947.jpg

Note the small piece of new clapboard. You can see where she cut back too. 

IMG_20210531_193234.jpg.4d4914d0f033cb1aa94ed82ad8af6b15.jpg

IMG_20210531_192634.jpg.397b263f9634848eaa77623adf1925d2.jpg

The door we got is a HD box store pet resistant one. 

Has a piece of metal covering the bottom portion of the screen.  

Trina added vinyl boards to help reinforce the door. 

IMG_20210531_193227.jpg.5f509f28d20fab029bb5aa44b69c89cb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

Went to Kentucky last week to pick up our youngest son for Memorial day.  Spent a couple extra days there cutting a sight line through the brush on our 20 acres to start laying out the driveway.  That new Sthil trimmer with a brush blade worked great.  Took out several 3 to 4 inch trees with it.  Got elevations shot on the centerline for about 1/2 of the 700 foot driveway.

Got back to Michigan and our oldest son and his wife came up to visit for a couple of days.  First time our sons have seen each other in several years.  We got the dock in the lake today while they were here.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Horse Newbie

Had the tree man leave the stumps in the flower beds...Iris lillys are toast, as well as the Hosta's.

No big deal though, they'll come back.

No rain here for about 4-6 weeks...sun about fried them anyways...

So I grabbed some dog-eared planks at Lowes and made a planter box around the top of the stump...Petunias will be going in there...mom loved Petunias...

20210531_202105.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D
On 5/31/2021 at 3:59 PM, OldWorkHorse said:

Well the 12hr brisket came out amazing and the birthday party / feast was a hit! There is no brisket left to speak of! And even tho it's not sunny and hot the rain held off and the afternoon was nice enough to hang out with every1 out doors! So definitely a nice birthday! Now been up for almost 30hrs gonna hit the hay!

20210531_103813.jpg

20210531_124819.jpg

For Some reason...im suddenly hungry!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Haha 4