Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Wheel Horse 3D
5 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Had to pick up one of the Volvo's from the shop about an hour ago . Windows were left down , so it would not be so hot. Gauge indicated 109 degrees. My drawers were wet by the time I got home even with the A/C on the coldest setting and fan on high.

Had a rental once for work that had what I called a "frosty butt button" man that was nice!

Jeff-C175
37 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Had a rental once for work that had what I called a "frosty butt button" man that was nice!

When I still had my Scirocco I told Gunther (my mech) that I was driving to FLA and wanted the AC to be COLD!!!!  Well... it sure was!  At one point when I got to SC there was this raucous noise that came from the bowels of the dashboard and SHAVED ICE and SNOW started flying out of all the A/C vents!  When I got back I called Gunther and told him thanks for the A/C but I wasn't expecting a BLIZZARD!  :text-lol:

• Haha 5

formariz
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

When I still had my Scirocco

I remember those. It was a fun car. 1978ish?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

BLIZZARD

Seen that from a Freightliner or two. 

Jeff-C175
8 minutes ago, formariz said:

1978ish

No, it was 2nd Gen, As I recall it was an '86 and RED !   Redder than a WH.  It was a fun car and handled really well.  Not 'terribly' quick, but quick enough.  Owned it about 2 years and decided it was too hard to get my fat a55 in and out of so I bought an '88 Isuzu Trooper new which I drove until about 5 years ago when it crapped it's head gasket for the third and last time.  Had about a quarter million on it with nothing more than brakes / tires / batteries and oh yeah... the head gaskets.  I did love that thing though.

OldWorkHorse

Maines been pretty rough for the past few days. I work in a fridge 10 hrs a day so. Anything above 60 is a hot day lol. Heat keeps up gonna take the snorkel off the 1257 and sit at the bottom of my pool all day :laughing-rolling:

Screenshot_20210630-193347_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 3

squonk

If your AC is shaving ice you are either over feeding refrigerant to the evaporator, thermostat is stuck or have poor air flow.Yes it's cold but you risk slugging your compressor with liquid refrigerant and damaging it.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
23 minutes ago, squonk said:

If your AC is shaving ice you are either over feeding refrigerant to the evaporator, thermostat is stuck or have poor air flow.Yes it's cold but you risk slugging your compressor with liquid refrigerant and damaging it.

I guess the rest of the story is in order...  Gunther looked at it and in fact there was a defective thermostat on, I believe, the evaporator.  Replaced that and no more ice cubes falling into the blower wheel.

• Like 2

8ntruck

Did some maintenance on the chipper/shredder today.  Last time I used it, it needed a shot of carb cleaner and 8 pulls to get it going.  Hard pulls with the massive flywheel/cutter set up on it.

I replaced the spark plug - started on first pull.  Ran some sticks through it to warm it up, then changed the oil.  I bought it new in the late 90's.  Probably ran it a couple of hours per year for 4 or 5 years, then let it set until now.  I've added oil, but don't remember ever changing it, so I was not surprised with the black fluid that came out when I drained it.  Shot it with Gunk and hosed off decades of accumulated grunge.

Next on the list is to split the machine so I can sharpen the blades.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

split the machine

Might want to start soaking the fasteners with your favorite penetrating oil. Liquid Wrench is my go-to. 

Mickwhitt

Had a bit of seat time on the JD today cutting the footpaths on our community project. 

Also did a dumpit site run with some building rubble from my door project. 

Just collected a cylinder mower for inspection and pre repair report to see if its worth spending on. Engine runs fine but there are some issues with the drive and blades.

• Like 1

Stormin

Day of relaxation today. Needed to ease the aches from the logging. Took a trip into town to visit the PO and bought my self a pair of strollers. Back home gave the Santa Fe a good muck out and check over, ready for our trip down to Carol's sister in South Wales on Monday. Finally gave the garden a good watering half hour ago. Most likely rain now.

• Like 3

OldWorkHorse

Started the tear down on the toro 117 1st put a coil in it and went to go see it fire up. Started spins but doesn't engage the flywheel so not sure if the gear just stuck or missing some teeth, but can't pull the engine cover off cuz this 117 is built like a ferrari and there isn't any room to work on the engine so have to pull engine to remove the engine cover... 🤔 seems wicked smaht. So going to test it after I get it out but 🤞she seems clean and not touched and taken care of so hoping just free up gear or replace and she will fire. Getting some nice parts off of tho got a 90° pulley gear box and a electric clutch if it all works. So not bad. 

Resized_20210701_160003.jpeg

Resized_20210701_155625.jpeg

20210701_171632.jpg

20210701_164906.jpg

20210701_164457.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175

One last tidbit:

I finally got around to re-tapping the screw hole for the washer in the Treasurer's 'Brass Ducky' and decided to build a 2 outlet manifold so that she could use it to fill her watering can and the duckys little head wouldn't hit the window sill and not allow fully turning on the faucet.  She doesn't like dragging that big old hose around to water her flowers, she would rather carry around a gallon watering can and make numerous trips back and forth to the faucet to refill it... she says that's easier... OK, to each their own I guess.  

image.png.6a6a263d3702a11b7517f8248c164f87.png

[edit:]  Guess what?  Now she wants a bench under the faucet so she can set the watering can down when she's filling it!  One thing always leads to another, doesn't it?

I didn't tell her that I already had that idea anyway.

Also going to get an adapter so I can install a sink aerator on her ducky's 'outlet'.  Too bad I can't figure out how to get it to lay Golden Eggs!

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Lee1977

Been working on the JD for a while finely got it going the found the lug holes were wallered out on the left side

Just order new .lugs and bolts as the bolt were worn half in two.

I will move the wheel in 4" and used the other set of holes.

SAM-0375.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Got home from work and finally got the lab put all back together. Chucked a spindle in the mini lathe to get an idea on tooling/bits required to get em bored.packed up an order and started a print going for 2ea 2x2 wild/spoked badges for a customer...now out for a late evening pizza run and maybe a sip or 2 of some adult beverage!

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Another note from today(friday)..saw this critter utilizing some excellent camo on the side of the building at work! At first i thought he was a chunk of sealant left over from construction. Not sure what made me look twice!

20210702_101035.jpg

20210702_101021.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don
On 7/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, Mickwhitt said:

Just collected a cylinder mower for inspection and pre repair report to see if its worth spending on. Engine runs fine but there are some issues with the drive and blades.

Many moons ago, my Dad converted a self-propelled 2 horsepower cylinder (we call it a reel) mower into a go-kart for me to bomb around. He took off the handle, torched out the blades, bolted a frame on the front with steering and a seat and linkages for the throttle and clutch. We ran that thing until the wheels finally fell off!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Mickwhitt

Spent the day helping a group of volunteers to litter pick a 2.5 mile stretch of country lane which has been neglected for years. Fly tipped building rubble, cannabis growing waste, household rubbish, its all there buried in the overgrown hedges.

So out came the strimming kit and I cut plenty of verge for the litter pickers to clear.

I also picked a dozen bags of litter but was felled when I found s dog bed and other dog stuff thrown down a banking, then I found the dead pup that some scumbag had thrown away like so much rubbish. Really upset me that a nation of animal lovers can be so heartless. As someone said these are oxygen thieves and should be thrown out of society. 

• Sad 8

Stormin

13 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

As someone said these are oxygen thieves and should be thrown out of society. 

Only after a small operation without anaesthetic so they can't breed. :angry-cussing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Only after a small operation without anaesthetic so they can't breed. :angry-cussing:

:chores-chopwood:      ?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse

🇺🇲🇺🇸🇺🇲🇺🇸 Hung out with a few friends for a early July 4th BBQ! 🇺🇲🇺🇸🇺🇲🇺🇸🇺🇲🇺🇸🇺🇲🇺🇸 

20210703_175528.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Stormin

Went to fill up the Santa Fe with diesel this morning. Checked fluids and tyres. Loaded most of the things we'll need. The remainder will be loaded in the morning. Then off to see Carols sister and family in Pembrokeshire, Wales for a few days R&R. :auto-car: :banana-dance:

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Mrs is diggin Dug, now she figures the entire world can be remade instantly with hydraulics(and the operator) at her command!

Move that flower box, fill dirt there, move ALL those bricks somewhere else,redo the drainge through there. she even likes a handy adjustable height potting bench!

Denali got fussed at for enjoying the cool of the flower beds.

20210703_175433.jpg

20210703_175745.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

What breed is the pooch? Looks like an Artic Fox. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1