Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Razorback

Just keep laughin', Cvans....!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Stormin

I retired at 62. Never been one for sitting around and have always kept busy with things at home, or at a friends farm when needed. Now at nearly 73, still doing the same things, I think rigor mortis is setting in. Bit of a worry when your still alive.

• Haha 4

formariz
10 hours ago, Cvans said:

My mind still comes up with goofy schemes but the body is now in control.

I think that may be the best description of what eventually happens to most of us. Ultimately despite what the mind wants, the body controls everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Had a distancing social with most of the family out on the green. First time we've all been together for nearly 3 months. Weather has been considerate and sunny and warm. Been an enjoyable afternoon. :)

• Like 1
  • Heart 5

meadowfield

finally glued the two halves of bendy with a propshaft!

• Excellent 6

bc.gold

Fighting with the Ram, the bracket that secures the shock absorber is squeezed tight making it impossible to remove the old shock, think I'll have a controlled fire and burn the rubber out of the bottom eyelet.

Drilled a small hole into the shock to remove the oil.

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold
56 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Fighting with the Ram, the bracket that secures the shock absorber is squeezed tight making it impossible to remove the old shock, think I'll have a controlled fire and burn the rubber out of the bottom eyelet.

Drilled a small hole into the shock to remove the oil.

Once the rubber grommet has been burnt the shock should just fall out.

bc.gold
20 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Once the rubber grommet has been burnt the shock should just fall out.

Mission accomplished.

hock.jpg

• Like 4

Pullstart

We camped at my brother and sister in law’s new place at the lake this weekend.  After driving ‘cross town to dump tanks, Norman overheated.  We pulled over for about 20 minutes, topped off the coolant reservoir and tried again.  Overheating within a mile on a long grade, we coasted into town and left it in a parking lot in favor of bumming a ride from my golf partner.  Ran to town for some thermostats, an A/C charge kit for him and some coolant.  

Then Mrs. P. found this Raider 10 right about a half mile from where we overheated, so we scooted over and grabbed that.  

We ended up limping Norman and the camper home a little at a time and spent the rest of the day in the pool and watering the garden.  I’ll change the t-stats and flush it a few times with fresh water before filling back up with coolant.  

AFE18B3B-3C4A-4F85-BB90-DE36C563E0D9.jpeg

44300AD2-2D45-4E5F-9A57-34BE0EDD7961.jpeg

• Like 5

bc.gold

My ToDo list for the day just expanded, the pr-inspection safety on the Dodge Ram called for front rotors and brake pads and new shocks.

The oil on the u-joint is from the hole drilled in the shock to eliminate the explosion factor, the u-joints aren't causing a problem at the moment, but you can clearly see one of the bearing caps has rust coming from the inside needle bearings.

For $37.00 a U-Joint, I figure replacing them now will save me from doing them in sub zero weather.

cap.png

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 1

bc.gold
On 6/6/2020 at 11:21 PM, Cvans said:

I retired at age 58. For the next ten years there was no holding me back.  Except for being laid up for 6 months after and extensive back surgery and a short slow down for a heart stent.  I was having way too much fun to set still.  But this last year my age finally caught up with me and to be honest I'm just plain slowing down.  My mind still comes up with goofy schemes but the body is now in control. Guess it's about time.  Thankfully the sense of humor and the intellect still seem to be intact. 

I'm glad the 30 DeSoto came along as I've picked up a little steam again.

At 71, my mind still hasn't synchronized with my physical limitations. But have learned when not to volunteer and let the youth do the heavy lifting.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 3

Stormin

Had a ride out this morning with SWMBO in the Hyundai. Had it a week now and she hadn't been in it. Happy to say she was impressed. Not a single complaint. :handgestures-thumbup:

Visited a couple of friends who we hadn't seen since the beginning of lock down. Social distancing out on the patio. Also had a look at the vintage motorcycles he was working on.

Back home and dug out a bush that had to go.

• Like 3

squonk
48 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Had a ride out this morning with SWMBO in the Hyundai. Had it a week now and she hadn't been in it. Happy to say she was impressed. Not a single complaint. :handgestures-thumbup:

Visited a couple of friends who we hadn't seen since the beginning of lock down. Social distancing out on the patio. Also had a look at the vintage motorcycles he was working on.

Back home and dug out a bush that had to go.

No pics?   :angry-tappingfoot::angry-tappingfoot::angry-tappingfoot:

squonk

15 bales of cedar in the garden! 

IMG_1991.JPG.e3be40d67ae1cd6383c5baaf2e03cb00.JPG

• Like 4

Stormin
13 minutes ago, squonk said:

No pics?   :angry-tappingfoot::angry-tappingfoot::angry-tappingfoot:

:text-imsorry: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

squonk

HHHOOOWWWAAARRRDDD!!!  and Buzz out helping trim some Pine & Cedars

IMG_1993.JPG.42bfa8bafbf7a0591dd91a56dc972efc.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG.ca13b8fc1330d75a43f7f275bc5a6caf.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

D_Mac

Should have used the 832 and the wooden cart !!!

• Haha 1

Pullstart

I built some anti theft bars for some skylights in a building that has experienced break ins...

2-1/8” tubing 1/8” wall, spaced with about 4” gaps.  14 bolts in each one holding them in.  That aughtta slow them down at least!

10E24335-B52E-407D-A7D2-5788D2A17C9F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Razorback

Maybe add a fence charger somewhere in the design??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stormin
4 hours ago, Razorback said:

Maybe add a fence charger somewhere in the design??

Wired to the mains supply. :scared-shocked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

There are upgraded means of security now, but they wanted some added deterrent as well.  Bust the skylight and see that?  Odds are you will turn around and go away.

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Burglars shy normally a long and hard Way, but it’s depending what they can earn.

So maybe extra Long screws they hold the grid’s in place may be an improved stop.

If they need an impact wrench to dismount the grids, it will also an additional loud timekeeper, 
additionally it occurs some noise in combination long screws cost them too much time.

They mostly search for a quick and simple Way to go in.

The hard a burglar protection is to remove, that more the safety is.

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

Finished the driveway rail sleeper wall today, it's just the quickest way to make a retaining wall. I dont have the patience or skill to build a brick wall.

20200609_222443.jpg.f837d4284780bbbbf6f6ea7e6ba345bc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine

Looks great Mick!

bc.gold

Returned the brake caliper cores, then picked up  couple of millimetre taps on the way home stopped in at a landfill we haven't visited for awhile.

Both 0-30 DC power supply's work, have not tested the scope.

power-supply.jpg

scope.jpg

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 1