Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Mickwhitt

Last few days have been pretty full on. Couple of mornings cutting back trees on the community land. Bit of work removing all the woodwork and sanitary ware from brothers bathroom so vinyl flooring can be laid.

This morning fitted a new shower valve on a friend's house as the original was seized up solid. She was amazed how quickly I did it having been quoted around 200 quid but none of the plumbers she rang actually bothered to come out or do the work. Charged her 40 quid to fit a 70 quid mixer valve, still feel I overcharged her.

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

Just for a change... she who must be obeyed has issued a communique that the rear door of our house shall be moved to a new, better and more convenient position in the kitchen rather than at the side of the house.

Alarmed at the quote of over 1000 of our earth pounds to do the job I sourced a custom made door for 350 and I will cut the hole and fit the door myself.... how hard can it be? Right.

Made a start moving the kitchen base unit that is in the way, two water pipes and a gas pipe need moving and a couple of bits of electrickery. 

To use the local lingo and excuse the cussing..."Piece of piss"

20200916_163821.jpg.e51f0e3f3236876f52913d48075525f6.jpg20200916_163802.jpg.889a4d3ba1ef344047401da121a7d299.jpg

20200916_163826.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

Been over at my mates in Scotland. Fiona, his wife said because I didn't go over last week, they thought they'd frightened me off. Because I'd worked so hard over the Bank Holiday weekend. I told her flattery will get you nowhere. :D

We did a bit of preparation down on the new workshop, ready for the chaps who are going to start on the cladding tomorrow. Then fitted the front barge board to the carport and the guttering along one side.

• Like 1

rjg854

Been fighting a nuisance leak for a while now in one of my sheds. Seeing I wasn't able to get it figured out decided to strip the roof and hopefully cure it once and for all.  So yesterday I stripped the roof down to the decking . Today seeing that the roof doesn't have much pitch I covered the whole thing with Ice and water shield. Then installed the new shingles and reflashed where it joins to the horse barn. All that's left to do is the counter flashing. And go and empty the trailer full of old shingles. Now I need a good heavy rain to see if all that work and expense was worth it. :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Attacked the C-125 and Sears GT16 with the grease gun. Checked oils and filled with fuel. 36" deck, after a few shots of grease, fitted to the C-125 and land roller to the Sears.

Rolled the verge at the top of the lane where cattle had left imprints. That to care of the morning.

Afternoon was spent strimming and mowing green, verges and lawn as usual.

Deck was the removed and cleaned off. Also blew off the C-125.

Finally the day was finished off sitting with an adult beverage, on the bench on the green, admiring the fruits of my labours. :beer:

• Like 3

Mickwhitt

Nice one Norm. 

I strimmed the verge opposite, cut a load of bracken down that is choking the wildflowers, helped site and camouflage a hedgehog winter house and did a few other bits and bobs.

Used Fred but while trundling along the brake drum managed to drop off. The bolt had come loose and fallen out. So no brakes but the gear braking was fine. Found both the drum and the bolt so quickly mended.

• Like 2

Stormin
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

Found both the drum and the bolt so quickly mended.

Bolt refitted with a drop of Loctite Threadlocker I assume?

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Bolt refitted with a drop of Loctite Threadlocker I assume?

Loctite is for quitters. I use a breaker bar with a 5-ft pipe extension. 

:hide:

Wish I could figure out why I break so much stuff.

• Haha 2

Stormin
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Wish I could figure out why I break so much stuff.

It's because you don't leave it to Trina.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Now in all honesty. it's possible she may have mentioned things like that in the past.

I kid you not. She has literally told me not to "Bear tighten"  something. Just lightly tighten it. You know. Snug it up a little....

• Like 3

Lee1977
3 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Don't tell him that he'll leave everything to Trina. The poor gril got enought to do with all the Wheel Horse cleaning , sanding , painting , splitting , hauling and stacking fire wood.

He's already trying to find a way she can cut it also.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Don't tell him that he'll leave everything to Trina. The poor gril got enought to do with all the Wheel Horse cleaning , sanding , painting , splitting , hauling and stacking fire wood.

He's already trying to find a way she can cut it also.

I just really think she hasn't got enough to do................

Stormin
6 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Don't tell him that he'll leave everything to Trina.

Don't forget Trina's mother, Lee. He gets the poor lady to help her daughter with the firewood. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Don't forget Trina's mother, Lee. He gets the poor lady to help her daughter with the firewood. :rolleyes:

Yepp. 

You should see those 2.

Doesn't matter what they're doing. As long as they're moving around.

Smiling. Dancing. Humming. Working with firewood .. their nuts. I'm telling you. 

We have several friends like that too. Apartment dwellers. they come over here to our acreage and help us do stuff just so they can keep moving and they actually enjoy their time. Silly.

Awesome to have people like that by the way...:happy-partydance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

They come over to help out Trina, they know it's the only help she will get. :wwp:of the dancing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Poor woman, should be sainted.

• Heart 1

Mickwhitt

Had a day of dog sitting as SWMBO was off shopping.

I met with the chairman of a local youth football team (soccer over there) to discuss hoe our community group might be able to help out with looking after their pitch which forms part of our project area.

Also met with a neighbour to have a chat about what we were doing.

Also did a few bits in the house toward the new back door project. 

Also took a team photo of my current machinery. Bit of a rush job but looks good.

20200918_185004.jpg.d5493ce114d3452bee658555cb664970.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib

Getting back to the porch project start to put up the rafter boards. 75° for the whole weekend:woohoo:!!! Low 50s at night
:occasion-snowman:!! Getting a few things done though as long as I don't fall off the ladder!!

you can still bounce from 8 feet:ROTF:

F798499F-6ED0-40A1-9805-AA2195083642.jpeg

8D58426D-6822-4CC2-AA22-7714F39F528C.jpeg

Edited by The Tuul Crib
  • Like 4

Stormin

Been over at my mates in Scotland today. As the crow flies he's about 15 miles away. By road 55 and an hour and a quarter drive.

More work on the new workshop. Started the cladding at last. While another man was fixing the boards, I placed them handy for him. Dunc and I fixed the cross beams. Also brought a tractor trailer load of boards up from the field. Loaded and unloaded by hand.  Only approx. 160. And by the time I'd finished, that's how old I felt.  

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Been working on the yard clearing project a little more. Last weekend I felled (7?) Small/medium trees. 

Over the week we've sectioned them up and today we cut it all to 16" or so and stacked it. 

I did some additional trimming and got the brush shredder going. Shredded up quite a bit of branches. Sure is lookin better out there. 

It's the are where I'm standing at the right side of the pic. 

The firewood we got from the clearing is on the lawn just left of center. 

I'll get some more closer pics when I remember. Maybe even a video. 

IMG_20200919_192143.jpg.4f34c000f5a963e54a9094b08f26a103.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

Doing some kitchen switcheroo-ing for a friend today.  Soon, the dish washer from upstairs will come down here.

FD378B8D-DB29-48E2-B54C-A08D6FCF5E8E.jpeg

D3D70FE0-AACC-43ED-A703-DE04C23162F2.jpeg

9F57A77D-B1B7-4F03-960C-7B839A7B0DC8.jpeg

837DC2E1-BC43-471F-A442-50CB9A311FF4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

All is good!

F9F40545-D8CF-45FF-9D12-C06C37493B5C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

Nice job Kevin. :thumbs:  I couldn't fit our dishwasher under there. I'd keep banging my head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mickwhitt

I've been doing similar to Kevin, moving base units and rerouting some water pipes and a couple of cables. 

The stage is set for me to cut the door opening. Not sure whether to order the door now (two to three weeks build time) and just crack on with cutting the hole, or wait till I get the door.

Mick 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

wait till I get the door

Might be best to wait until you have it in your hands because you can measure to the physical size of the actual unit.