Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Stepney

That Speedster is gorgeous!
The bike I put about 400 miles on throughout middle school was also a Schwinn Speedster. However it was a 1959 model and it was a 3 speed on 24" wheels. Finally sold it to a kid up the road just entering middle school himself, and he rode it for years after. No idea where it is sitting now. 

Your serial number on an ElectroForge Schwinn is usually on the bottom right of the head tube. 

Still have a 1937 Raleigh I take out pretty often. 

..Annd to keep this post on topic, I did in fact take it out this morning .. so there's that:D

Outside of that.. shed got some more shelving and my outboards are finally off the floor.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 8.12.58 AM.png

fullsizeoutput_955.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 8.22.36 AM.png

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977

Still working on the catch basin. 

SAM-1234.jpg

SAM-1235.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Imagine you're ready to eat now, huh Dan? 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Achto
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Imagine you're ready to eat now, huh Dan? 

Wrapped up the brisket and put it in an empty cooler to rest at 4:00, dinner was at 6:00. I gotta say that the brisket tuned out very well. I didn't think that the wife & I would be able to eat it all so I invited @WHX24 & Cindy over to help us eat it. Along with some sweet corn & beans.  Needless to say there are still left overs.:)

I meant to take a picture of the meat when it was done but Jim distracted me.:dunno:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

WHX??
11 hours ago, Achto said:

take a picture of the meat when it was done but Jim distracted me.

Guys a danged idiot! 

• Haha 2

Mickwhitt

Spent the day with a ditching contractor digging out drainage ditches on the community land.

Dirty great Atlas rubber duck with a ten foot ditching bucket.

Made short work of it all .

• Like 4

Pullstart
On 8/1/2020 at 2:17 AM, Mickwhitt said:

Woodwork! Not my forte at all. You have my respect fir being g able to tame the darned stuff lol.

Are you going to let Rylee paint it?

:ychain:

with a shop broom, Mick!  :ROTF:

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

with a shop broom, Mick!  :ROTF:

Coarse bristles of course?

You guys are awesome....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Stormin
4 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Spent the day with a ditching contractor digging out drainage ditches on the community land.

Dirty great Atlas rubber duck with a ten foot ditching bucket.

Made short work of it all .

Where's the photo's then? :teasing-poke:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

I finished up the ramp for my Uncle.  I had no idea how many uses the charged M18 battery had before this job, but one battery managed to shoot every screw, until there were 2 boards left!

099BE9EA-5C51-4B32-A62E-02E950C14007.jpeg

90C9A971-35B7-4B11-97B3-03BC879B2FB7.jpeg

151C1858-CC2A-445A-BEDA-C8282506C591.jpeg

5428FD62-0B4F-43C1-8F01-A74768C9EA00.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

Stormin

Spent the day replacing bars in a stall barrier in my mates milking parlour. Just got it finished in time for milking time. Another to do tomorrow, but just one bar to replace.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
21 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I finished up the ramp for my Uncle.  I had no idea how many uses the charged M18 battery had before this job, but one battery managed to shoot every screw, until there were 2 boards left!

099BE9EA-5C51-4B32-A62E-02E950C14007.jpeg

90C9A971-35B7-4B11-97B3-03BC879B2FB7.jpeg

151C1858-CC2A-445A-BEDA-C8282506C591.jpeg

5428FD62-0B4F-43C1-8F01-A74768C9EA00.jpeg

Nice job on the ramp! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I have that same driver and it gets used for everything!!! Great unit!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
16 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

my uncle is not a small guy.  I needed to make sure it was plenty stable!  As for Milwaukee, I can!t say enough good about it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

You made a great job on that ramp Kevin 👍

it must be tested and approved with a Wheelhorse. 😎

Edit - not to be missanderstood - i trust your build 100% no doubt about it

but it must be confirmed with a Pic for the official WHCC- R.A.M.PP Comitee.

All other is no R.A.M.PP conform .. 😂😂😂

just for a stylish approval 🤪

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mickwhitt

This is the Rubber duck that we used to dig out the anti vehicle ditch and the drainage culvert.

20200803_215122.jpg.d115e1a9bc0d82d32c1b9b2c0e724992.jpg

He also pushed down a huge willow tree that had grown in one of the culverts.  He reckons ten tons of timber from it at least.

20200803_144637.jpg.892d086c6de90a68879260e3c05fc0c6.jpg

• Like 4

Stormin

Been up at the farm and repaired the second stall barrier. Should last me out.

BTW Mick. Where does the term Rubber Duck come from? Never heard a digger referred to by that name before.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1

Dan.gerous
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

Been up at the farm and repaired the second stall barrier. Should last me out.

BTW Mick. Where does the term Rubber Duck come from? Never heard a digger referred to by that name before.

It's because it has rubber tyres rather than tracks, Makes them quite handy for moving about on job sites etc. I'm not sure but think they have a reasonable speed.

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

Yes its the rubber tyres. Road speed was 45 kph or just shy of 30 mph. The driver said the hydraulic drive system limits speed on downhill stretches so it can't over run.

They also look like a rubber duck bobbing along when driving on our perfectly surfaced roads :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Mickwhitt

Spent all day on the bathroom saga, its taking so long as I have to fit around both my brother and my own schedules.

But they are happy with progress and I'm spending tomorrow on the community project working in our local park.

Just found out some half wit has drilled and injected diesel into two 100 year old specimen trees in the park. We suspect the guy who lives directly under them at the edge of the park as he has moaned about light being cut off. Trees were there before the bloody house. 

• Sad 2

Mickwhitt

Oh by the way, the hyundai mower story.

20200731_102936.jpg.aa5fbf7894cb0c3191174d3178ca568d.jpgThis is the baby, its virtually unused. I think the Dumpling who bought it did not fill it with oil as they are delivered through the mail empty, hence the damage...

20200731_144015.jpg.306086b8e54a57d40a6b6309027a3d5d.jpgThey will replace the engine complete for £145.00 which seems pretty decent, considering its a £365.00 mower I'm still in front. 

• Like 1

Stormin

I didn't notice the wheels on the digger. Close look and in the second photo' one is visible.

WHX??
On 8/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Me three Sylvia ... comes in real handy for Mafia work! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

the Dumpling who bought it did not fill it with oil

I don't know about over there Mick but nothing here comes with oil in it but the first bottle is usually graciously provided. Along with tags in real big letters FILL WITH OIL BEFORE STARTING! Id have to say that rod is knackered wouldn't you Norm?!?! :lol:

• Like 4

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Spent all day on the bathroom saga, its taking so long as I have to fit around both my brother and my own schedules.

But they are happy with progress and I'm spending tomorrow on the community project working in our local park.

Just found out some half wit has drilled and injected diesel into two 100 year old specimen trees in the park. We suspect the guy who lives directly under them at the edge of the park as he has moaned about light being cut off. Trees were there before the bloody house. 

Perhaps that person's house needs to be drilled and injected with diesel....

Well, that would not be very neighborly, would it?

Forget I said that. Sometimes my ideas I'm out the best ones to listen to.

Your Rubber Ducky over there is known as a rubber escavator here in the Northeast.

They can go down the road on a smooth surface at 25 to 30 mph but rarely do. They are used around here during construction projects when the surface doesn't want to be screwed up by the track type excavators.

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

20200803_095744.jpg.ec29369e98ef47f630321178f2457df9.jpgThe guy is a ditching contractor.

He's from the Doncaster area which is basically a flat, featureless area full of old airfields 🛩, farms 🚜 and drainage ditches. In fact he lives near Finningley,  an ex RAF bomber base with a heavy duty runway. This became the Doncaster,  Sheffield (although its nowhere near Sheffield and was only named that because their airport was a flop and closed) Robin Hood (although Robin Hood was really Robin of Loxley, which is in Sheffield and nothing to do with bloody Doncaster) Airport.

So if you guys fly over here the pilot has a real mouthful to welcome you :ROTF:

It is a long way from where I live and he drove all the way on major roads to dig our ditch.

• Like 5