Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

elcamino/wheelhorse

Did SWMBO supervise the power washing or did she checked out the deck when you finished?

Pullstart

It’s 82 today.  Good time to defrost the freezer before hunting season and cool the garage at the same time!

98CB87DB-3A83-4A73-B840-A96A44C77D6C.jpeg

sixteen minutes later…

B1E91139-8D8D-45A7-A76F-4BCF19C2FBE6.jpeg.453898421b880c3cc9e0e45d2feb6834.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
  • Like 4

The Freightliner Guy

Today I have started up Clifford the big red Honda atc 110

Stormin
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Did SWMBO supervise the power washing or did she checked out the deck when you finished?

No and no, Jim. :P

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Spend part of morning weed eating dead grass and weeds.Replaced belt on 42 inch RD deck.. Greased all the fitting on the deck  and c-120 . Sprayed Purple power all over both, hosed it down.  During this whole time period I was getting eat up by mosquitoes . Had to take breaks  to spray Benadryl   and skin so soft Bug guard. Came in took a shower , ate lunch than 1 1/2 hour nap.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Watched PSU beat up on Ohio,  Then watched Texas almost upset Bama.

Edited by Ed Kennell

8ntruck

Raining today, so I am catching up on small odd jobs.  One of them is posting a picture of the picnic table for the lake house that I've refinished this summer:

20220910_160832.jpg.bcba8111dfae56a253a73710283b847b.jpg

It came with the house and had never had a finish applied to it.  The boards had weathered to a silver/grey color.  I ran the belt sander with 120 grit over them to take the fuzz off, and a nice grain pattern popped out.  4 coats of polyurethane spar varnish and Rustoleum semi gloss black spray bomb on the legs perked it up nicely.  

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

picnic table for the lake house that I've refinished

Spiffy!!! 

• Like 1

Rob J.

Refurbing the seat I found for the 1045. The orange was driving me nuts so I’m fixing that. 

A178ABD4-3477-4DDC-8534-C9DB628F03E4.jpeg

ACA35923-35E1-4DAE-B0F3-A648B92C26F5.png

2744C63D-C3C6-4E95-87EC-E35D85534342.jpeg

9EBDE778-3944-410F-80D4-D37FC724E8FD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Rob J.

😂😂😂@ Pullstart

Handy Don
17 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

belt sander with 120 grit

Gotta make sure the guests don't sit on any splinters!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Handy Don said:

Gotta make sure the guests don't sit on any splinters!

Only if you like the guests..... 

• Haha 4

Ed Kennell

Packed the crabbing gear for a week on the Delaware Bay.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

Took the head off the C-125 and finally found out why it was being a pig to start.

P1040332.JPG.90d4a1b7b3d0c5a17a31d85c89a96475.JPG

P1040337.JPG.2f4cad5a62c0c6ea8078018fc845fa38.JPG

• Excellent 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Handy Don
9 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Took the head off the C-125 and finally found out why it was being a pig to start

Wow, not a pleasant discovery.

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Took the head off the C-125 and finally found out why it was being a pig to start.

P1040337.JPG.2f4cad5a62c0c6ea8078018fc845fa38.JPG

Looks "slightly"  worn

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

After selling my El Camino I decided I need a present just because . I purchased a 16 speed bench top drill press yesterday from HF . I unloaded it from the Volvo using a wheel barrow to haul separate pieces to the shed. Sucker weights close to a 100 lbs. Read the manual for installing yesterday and went what the what? Did not take long to put together , Sitting a little high for my liking but work with what you got. It is not a production unit but I think it will work great for me. Now I can start building a hub puller and just drill holes for the heck of it. LOL

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

19richie66

Well it’s not two slabs of ribs but it’ll work. Got my two slabs done for the he shed/she shed buildings. At least till they are done I have concrete to work on. Tired of wet grass.

FE602847-33E9-42B6-959F-F01DB613CC05.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck

More fun with pipes today.  Was flushing the plumbing system in our travel trailer.  The flushing part went fine.  The water heater even fired up without a hitch.  However, a leak has developed between the grey water holding tank and the drain valve has developed a leak.  Have to chase that down tomorrow.

The neighbor across the street has been working on a 150 horse 2 stroke Mercury outboard that needed a piston replaced.  He fired it up on his test stand today.  I've never heard one unmuffled before.  Turns out that a 2 cycle V6 has a really unique sound.

• Like 2

Handy Don
On 4/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, Pullstart said:

Mick, that’s no fun.  Been there, done that... two weeks into my first home ownership!  
I set a toilet yesterday for a friend.  I can say the word poop on the phone and he’s dry heaving.  I don’t understand... after it’s gotten onto that side of the drain, it all smells the same :teasing-tease:

@Mickwhitt

A friend recommended that I take the Sewer Tour on a visit to Paris some years back. I found it fascinating and not as smelly as I'd expected. In fact, after a few minutes you become unaware of the smell. However, others near you later that day may notice that you have a distinct and unusual "air" about you! :lol:

• Haha 2

Stormin

Been over at my mate Dunc's in Scotland today.

First job was to load the old solar panels off the house roof onto his trailer. The company that supplied the new more up to date ones, wanted £500 to take them away. He's taking them to a friend he used to work with, who sells and installs, wind turbines and water turbines. He sometimes gets asked for second hand ones.

Next we started to assemble the green house we took down at his previous place, about 5yrs ago. It's like a big Meccano set and fun trying to remember how it goes together. We got the sides and ends assembled eventually. Not all joined together yet. That may be next week on my next visit. Depends if he gets the base done.

A good day and I returned home with three sacks of logs in the back of the Santa Fe. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 3

19richie66

Got my “recycled” lawn trailer tacked up. Will finish it up when it cools off a little. 

D44A46F6-77C7-4416-91E5-7D3785A41843.jpeg

EC6EAE65-D432-4D21-8B1E-19A6E1CDFBEB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine

Got some stuff done yesterday and it was  time to set a spell...

EB and BBT relaxed for a few minutes and had an adult beverage.  

IMG_20220915_195619767.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Snoopy11
21 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

had an adult beverage

Where's the POPO when you need him... :law-policeblue:

@SylvanLakeWH...

Underage drinking.... Class :occasion-clown: offense...

Don

• Haha 1

Handy Don
19 hours ago, Stormin said:

solar panels...returned home with three sacks of logs

Sounds like a productive day, for sure.

In my area of NE USA, rules on transporting firewood across state (and even county) lines are increasingly strict to prevent the spread of harmful insects and other plant-born infestations. Enforcement and fines have increased to where people are paying attention, too.

• Like 1