Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Still waiting on permits for the pole barn

I think we got ours in like 6 days? And that took "so long" because the Code Enforcement Officer here is part-time... 

• Like 2

19richie66
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I think we got ours in like 6 days? And that took "so long" because the Code Enforcement Officer here is part-time... 

It took me seven weeks to get the “environmental release” and now the permit application and drawings are “on his desk” as I was told two weeks ago. Now I get to assemble it in the middle of summer. 

• Sad 3

SylvanLakeWH
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Still waiting on permits for the pole barn. This makes 9 weeks.

There’s simply no excuse for that… especially for a pole barn… very sad… :(

• Sad 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

It took me seven weeks to get the “environmental release” and now the permit application and drawings are “on his desk” as I was told two weeks ago. Now I get to assemble it in the middle of summer. 

That's just ridiculous.  

We're hoping 🤞 to Close on the refi loan this Friday... 

• Like 3

adsm08

Groundhog hunting.

• Like 1

Achto
6 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Still waiting on permits for the pole barn.

PERMITS !!!? Those are what you get after the neighbors realize what you have already done. :lol: Just kidding, kind of.:hide: :D

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 5

Achto
1 hour ago, adsm08 said:

Groundhog hunting.

Gas em out! Pump their hole full of exhaust & make sure they can't get out. Worked like a charm with the moles in my yard. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Achto said:

PERMITS !!!? Those are what you get after the neighbors realize what you have already done. :lol: Just kidding, kind of.:hide: :D

My parents have always been on good terms with their local code enforcement officers over the years.

Back in the mid-80s maybe? My father wanted to put up a little shed to store the kinds of things that usually fill up your garage because that was where we ran the carpet business out of.

He calls Code Enforcement and the guy tells him the limit without a permit is 10x10.

My father says, what if I want to go a little longer? How much is the permit?

The CEO told him to make it 10 ft wide from street view, and longer if he wanted to, and then tell him he wasn't allowed to be on the property to investigate it. 😀

The CEO told him, I might be able to see it from the road and I might be able to think it's a little bit longer but if you tell me I can't be on the property I'd be trespassing, now wouldn't i?  

No permit. No problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

I can go 12x12 without a permit. That just happens to be the size of the outbuilding I plan on putting over the well pump. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

adsm08
13 hours ago, Achto said:

Gas em out! Pump their hole full of exhaust & make sure they can't get out. Worked like a charm with the moles in my yard. 

No, this was recreational. They are the only thing in season right now and I'm out of bait.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

season

Season? Come on up to my place and I'll let you aim around the yard at all the little rodents you want.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
On 6/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, 19richie66 said:

Still waiting on permits 

Waiting on what? Wheres my big words book?

Gotta love living outside the city limits in a rural county!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Waiting on what? Wheres my big words book?

Gotta love living outside the city limits in a rural county!

The BBT and I wouldn't want it any other way.  

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Finally!!! Water goin in! Bit of a patch on the salt water cell curing now, and will finish plumbing tomorrow eve. Then on to a small deck for the ladder, and a gate.

20220607_204358.jpg

• Like 4

Wheel Horse 3D
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The BBT and I wouldn't want it any other way.  

The city code enforcement guy hates us! LOL Were within a stone throw of the city limit line. While we like to keep our stuff up, we do it on our terms not cuz some barney fife wanna be felt like flexing his gums! Catherine considers it a public service to help folks challenge the guy in court. He tends to target folks who he can intimidate like the elderly. Heres an idea...offer help and solutions not outrageous fines for folks who already cant afford them.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 3

19richie66
11 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

The city code enforcement guy hates us! LOL Were within a stone throw of the city limit line. While we like to keep our stuff up, we do it on our terms not cuz some barney fife wanna be felt like flexing his gums! Catherine considers it a public service to help folks challenge the guy in court. He tends to target folks who he can intimidate like the elderly. Heres an idea...offer help and solutions not outrageous fines for folks who already cant afford them.

We do live out of city limits a little ways. Tucked away between some farm lands and woods. The county we are in, a permit for what I am doing is just over $300. Soon, our son will start his house on the land in front of us. If they come out to survey and see that there is a barn on the property that wasn’t there and not on the books, it’s double the permit fee for working without one. So I thought I would do it the right way. If I had known over two months later I would still be waiting…… all my stuff would be under shelter already. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

If they come out to survey and see that there is a barn on the property that wasn’t there and not on the books, it’s double the permit fee

Our village finally started taking a harder line after lots of protests from neighbors over non-conforming and non-permitted work (partly it was "its my property, I'll do what I want" and partly "if they don't know about it my taxes won't go up"). The whiff of favoritism or neglect, however, nearly cost the village engineer his job.

The "apologies are easier than permission" theory had gotten out of control. Now it's: Significant work and no permit? Remove it or we will come in and remove it for you--you have two weeks.

lynnmor
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

"its my property, I'll do what I want"

Of course the country was founded on principles like that and now we know that the government is the landlord.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, lynnmor said:

Of course the country was founded on principles like that and now we know that the government is the landlord.

Another one of the multitudes of excellent reasons to live in Maine or New Hampshire

• Like 1

sjoemie himself

Stood in the sun and watched motorcycles fly by last few days. Fun times!

IMG_20220608_154830_31CS~2.jpg

Edited by sjoemie himself
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

20220608_181608.jpg.9e19d52a409bdd6db1efd36a6c7610f6.jpg

Removed yet another pile of trash off my Senior today!20220608_181912.jpg.9376ad2deeab4eb8673eb9709e3e1f6d.jpg

• Like 6

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, AMC RULES said:

Senior

Like that "no sheet metal" look.   

• Like 1

AMC RULES
26 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Like that "no sheet metal" look.   

The PO hacked that fiberglass hood up so bad that it will be a be a complete restoration in and of itself.

• Sad 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

The PO hacked that fiberglass hood up so bad that it will be a be a complete restoration in and of itself.

Damn.