Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Wheel Horse 3D

Well..walls are up! Now for that passel of pool noodles accidentally mentioned in the wrong thread, and some carpet installation!

20220601_065045.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Got done this evening as planned. 20220601_213911.jpg.40d7a985498f5a86bbabce283e282930.jpgRe tamp entire floor, double check for sharp rocks etc, lay down a layers of 10mil ?? Black plastic that overlap in the center abt 4 layers thick (rotated rectangles the length of the pool diameter),pool noodles, and retired carpeting from the basement, some of which was stored out in the shop and is none too clean but will do fine for this!..tomorrow the pretty layer...the liner itself.

• Like 5

Handy Don
12 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

As I was driving off, I realized I missed a chance to mess with the Highway Helper guy. I should have asked him if he had noticed a pontoon along the side of the road a ways back.

Some years ago a casual friend started home from the Jersey Shore with his sailboat. He later acknowledged that he had a lot on his mind that day and it was evening when the State Police called and asked if everything was ok since he had left his boat and trailer on the side of the highway in New Jersey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OldWorkHorse

Pretty much finished up the power dump cart, installed the rear tail lights with some amber side markers. Only thing left I have to do on it is mount the jack on the neck and make a couple quick disconnect battery cables that will run to a quick disconnect at the hitch on my 314-8 and have some decals being made to put on the sides, but she's 95% complete and tested and works! Also want to build a removable bench seat for rides and a new tailgate but that's next project after fixing 314 axle seal and new idler pully and belt. 

20220602_154755.jpg

20220602_161213.jpg

20220602_160924.jpg

20220602_160948.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Wheel Horse 3D

Liner is in..allow it to relax and stretch then readjust if needed. New rails should be in today so before the weekend is out i hope to place all the uprights, get the rails and top caps on and plumb everything up and get running.

20220602_214714.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

get running

You gonna order some trout to fill that thing?

• Haha 2

Jeff-C175

image.png.c45a6c11162e880b8283788f5573fa74.png

I'm a little surprised to not see any concrete stanchions around this meter installation.

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D
31 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

image.png.c45a6c11162e880b8283788f5573fa74.png

I'm a little surprised to not see any concrete stanchions around this meter installation.

The 2ft ditch in front of it helps!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

meter

@Wheel Horse 3D

Is that a natural gas meter?

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

You gonna order some trout to fill that thing?

Eventually an all natural filter system may be installed around the perimeter where veggies etc could be grown. At that point, if the temp stays around 70 as a high, trout may be an option.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@Wheel Horse 3D

Is that a natural gas meter?

Yup. Thats my heat, hotwater, and backup generator. If need be it can be rerouted directly to the nearby well instead of the main line.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
Just now, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Eventually an all natural filter system may be installed around the perimeter where veggies etc could be grown. At that point, if the temp stays around 70 as a high, traut may be an option.

Back when I was a fair amount younger but not really a lot smaller than I am right now, my father had a friend that had a 24-foot round, 4 ft tall, above ground pool in his backyard. Didn't use it for swimming anymore so they knocked about three quarters of the water out of it and he had himself a neat giant aquarium about a foot and a half deep.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Eventually the old well will get reworked too!

SmartSelect_20220603-113458_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
2 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

The 2ft ditch in front of it helps!

I guess... it might help... but be careful when you're mowing !

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
12 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I guess... it might help... but be careful when you're mowing !

too steep to mow, weedeater only...'cept for that one time the yardman slipped outta gear...went over that bank, caught rear tires in the ditch and tossed me out in the street! Love Dug's hydro!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

OldWorkHorse

Worked just a little bit more on the power cart today. It's now 97% done. Got all wiring done and welded on my jack stand, all need to do now is paint the rims and once get some decals put them on and build a tailgate down the road. Ordered new belts in today so going to start working on the 314 once they come in. 

20220604_104819.jpg

20220604_131945.jpg

20220604_132125.jpg

20220604_142212.jpg

20220604_105235.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

adsm08

I turned the 2-speed transmission on the Speedex into a 1-speed, but now it has the proper belt and pulley that won't tear the belt up.

I also sat through a soccer tournament, and hit the shooting range. And shot a rabbit that was chewing on my boat trailer.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Worked just a little bit more on the power cart today

Glad I upcycled that trailer to you brother man. 

Looks great and functions well. 

Excellent work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
50 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Glad I upcycled that trailer to you brother man.  

Me too man! Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin
On 6/2/2022 at 9:29 PM, OldWorkHorse said:

20220602_154755.jpg

Nice! But I think those lights are a bit vulnerable. Could do with a cage or something to protect them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
16 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Nice! But I think those lights are a bit vulnerable. Could do with a cage or something to protect them.

They definitely are, I was thinking the same thing. So once I get the 314 back driving I might tweak them a little for protection. :violence-blades:

• Like 1

8ntruck

Was out walking the dog today and heard what sounded like a non civilian jet approaching.  Not too surprising, as there is an Air Force base not too far away.  Normal aircraft sighted around here are F16, A10, or B2.  Today's sighting was a B1.  First one I've seen since we moved here almost 20 years ago.  A few minutes later, another B1 flew over.  Both were in wings forward sub sonic configuration.

That makes the third stealthy type aircraft fly over I've seen since we've been here - B1, B2, and a single F111. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

squonk

Old schooled mowing and tree trimming with HHHOOOWWWAAARRRDDD!!! Today :helmet:IMG_20220605_165443506.jpg.a93ed893e88a5c77b2a74957d3ff195a.jpg

• Like 4

19richie66

Two more pallets of sod. Six pallets in so far. Still waiting on permits for the pole barn. This makes 9 weeks. And I thought Florida was bad when it came to permits :laughing-rolling:

68327FED-0FAA-4722-84DA-58581863579D.jpeg

1B0B5863-1F21-495C-88C2-63081DBC4409.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1