dells68

Rj35 to rj25 clone

dells68

I recently picked up this nice looking rj25 clone.  It is supposed to be a 1956 model.  Any ways to pin down 56 or 57?  This is sure to take longer than my usual restorations.  I have already scored a good running Briggs model 8 engine with recoil for a great deal.  I plan to keep it a rj25 tribute or clone.  The color has to go as it is a maroon now.  Also the fuel filler hole was filled with fiberglass and bondo which will be filled with a metal plug.  Anyway, I’m really happy and am excited to get into the transformation.

D9DA958D-72FD-456C-8CC5-722AFA3AD6D7.jpeg

15DC80A8-78FF-47B5-9C77-0A77F236F9FF.jpeg

F28DC936-C7F3-4AA0-BD02-B9E5630865DB.jpeg

• Like 9

SylvanLakeWH

:popcorn:

• Like 1

WHNJ701

Looks nice the way it it is, get it running and enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

dells68
33 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Looks nice the way it it is, get it running and enjoy it.

Thanks!  I hear ya, but I’m one of those guys who just can’t leave well enough alone!  I may drive it a little while before teat down, but I’ll have to tear into it or some little things will drive me nuts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??

:popcorn:

11 hours ago, dells68 said:

Any ways to pin down 56 or 57?

Been told a '56 would have had a Clinton??? Maybe some casting dates? '56 any chance it was a cable steer?? Hopefully the early RJ experts can chime in here. 

11 hours ago, dells68 said:

has to go as it is a maroon now.

:greetings-clappingorange: I hate maroon! 

Don't let @wallfish see those very hard to find rears! Fronts ain't too shabby either! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Look through Vins Youtube videos, should be able to find some good RJ-35/25 info there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VinsGN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oldiron613
On 4/21/2020 at 9:57 PM, dells68 said:

I recently picked up this nice looking rj25 clone.  It is supposed to be a 1956 model.  Any ways to pin down 56 or 57?  This is sure to take longer than my usual restorations.  I have already scored a good running Briggs model 8 engine with recoil for a great deal.  I plan to keep it a rj25 tribute or clone.  The color has to go as it is a maroon now.  Also the fuel filler hole was filled with fiberglass and bondo which will be filled with a metal plug.  Anyway, I’m really happy and am excited to get into the transformation.

My best guess is 1957 which the bake-lite steering wheel and front wheels with 1 hole each in are charactoristic of. 

• Thanks 1

Jennifer
On 4/22/2020 at 6:23 AM, dells68 said:

Thanks!  I hear ya, but I’m one of those guys who just can’t leave well enough alone!  I may drive it a little while before teat down, but I’ll have to tear into it or some little things will drive me nuts!

Sounds like my husband, can’t leave it alone!  Lol. Hello Dell!!!