ClassicTractorProfessor

Finally Got The M I've Been Hunting

Razorback

Man, I LOVE the sound of those Farmalls!!!

ClassicTractorProfessor

Think I might have gotten the radiator temporarily patched up to get me by for a bit, it still has a little drip every once in a while, but mowed our back pasture with it this evening and it never got hot. I removed the factory temp gauge and installed an aftermarket so I can actually see the temp its running instead of just cold/run/hot. It stayed right around 160-165 most of the time, did get up to 175 once for a very short time, but she was pulling pretty hard in a patch of really heavy sagebrush. I sure enjoyed spending time on the old M this evening a lot more than I did mowing at work today with our New Holland pile of junk.

• Heart 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Got bored sitting at home over this three day weekend, so decided I'd do a little work on the old M today. This tractor was originally a magneto ignition, when the mag went bad Glen swapped it out for a distributor off of another M he had on dead row. However he never took the time to change out the ignition switch, so he put this fancy little jumper wire with alligator clips on the coil, just hook it to the battery and crank her up. 

That got old really quickly so today I installed an ignition switch, also put on a new sediment bowl and gave her a complete tune-up

received_249846939410718.jpeg.b2fd70791eb229cb210dc6cb463bcaf6.jpegreceived_540470389921626.jpeg.27094f224a611825e06e1900dae2e579.jpeg20200524_181943.jpg.15b835c6424e44d02d5ddc7759eeb9f3.jpg

• Like 1