Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Went for a drive belt, brought home a tractor

whfan74

Went to the local lawn and garden shop. New owners and new location so I thought I would stop by and get my drive belt for my 312-8. Of course they didn't have one! :omg: They only sell Toro walk behinds and snow blowers......grrrrrrr!!!!!

So I asked if they ever get any old Wheel Horses on trade. He said very rarely, but how old is what he asked next. I said well obviously I have a 91 and my oldest is a 58 so anywhere in those areas....the older the better.

He then proceeded to tell me he had a 1969 Charger 12 out behind his shed. He parked it there 2 years ago and there it sat. He went and bought a new tractor and just neglected this one. He shot me a price and of course being the gentleman that I am I decided to go and see the pony.

I haven't checked the numbers to confirm as of yet but it has some really nice straight tin. Only one slight bump on the front grill.....very easy fix. It is a hydro and he said the hydro worked when he parked it. Looked her over....offered less and he accepted. So we loaded her up and her she is in all of her glory.

I have a question.....I am not sure if you will be able to tell or not but is that bracket on the front of the tractor original???? Or is it something fabricated? Looks original to me but not sure.

charger.jpg

TJ

Nice tractor. :omg:

wheel horse 1045

need better picture of the bracket

Kelly

Again we need better picture of the bracket, but is that handle on the tunnel hooked to the hyd. lift????

Kelly

oh ya looks to be in good shape, even has the orig. ign. coil on it.