cafoose

Ultrasonic cleaner

cafoose

I'm thinking of getting an ultrasonic cleaner for carburetors. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What is a good reliable brand? I found this video and was very impressed.

lynnmor

I have done hundreds of carburetors from complex 4 barrels down to chainsaw size.  Never needed special soaks or cleaners, just carburetor spray and compressed air.

• Thanks 1

bc.gold

A cleaning tank with transducers in the 35 and 40khz range best suited for cleaning   parts made from softer metals such as pot metal or aluminum.

I run a special purpose tank equipped with four 100 watt transducers at 28khz and its capable of doing some serious cavitation damage on stainless steel after four hours.

Yet on a ceramic made from alumina, no harm comes to it, I figure the softer material has acoustic quality's that adsorbs the harmful destructive sonic booms.

The 40khz transducer makes smaller bubbles that will be able to gain access to very small spaces, parts might need to spend more time in the tank.

Don't forget to de-gas.

What is degassing and how to degas ultrasonic cleaning tanks?

December 20, 2014 by Mike B.

Air and other gases dissolved in a cleaning solution will impact performance of ultrasonic cleaning tanks. Gases in the cleaning solution absorb some of the cavitation energy that would otherwise go toward cleaning, and thus reduce effectiveness. Removal of these gases from the cleaning solution will result in maximum ultrasonic cleaning performance.

Edited by bcgold
  • Excellent 1

prondzy

I use an ultrasonic cleaner from HF i love it.

RandyLittrell

I thought this was pretty neat and cheap too!

Randy