Sign in to follow this  
Parke1

Any idea what model?

Parke1

I'm going to be bringing this home tomorrow evening. I haven't been able to go look at it myself yet, but I was wondering what model it might be. I don't recognize the hood from any of the archive pictures I browsed through.

Thanks for any help!

-Parke1

wh1.jpg

wh2.jpg

CasualObserver

I'd guess a 701 from the hood lines and the clutch pedal.

linen beige

I'd guess a 701 from the hood lines and the clutch pedal.

:omg: Typo Jason?

It has the same foot rests and clutch pedal as my 702. The 701 also had the starter buttons on a white, not red, dash instead of the hood stand. This one also has the bent shifter that was brought out in mid '62 to clear the HY-2 pump.

I'd say it's a 552 or 702 that at one time was repowered. It could have been a 502, but it looks like it has a starter button on the hood stand. Not only has the hood been modified, but there has been something added to the front of the frame, and the seat pan and steering wheel, among other things, are not original.

CasualObserver

Whoops.. yep. :omg:

BPjunk

The tractor pictured is a 1962 and to say which model I would need to see what is left of the wiring. Now when you do pick up this tractor could please post pictures of the hood from all angles exspecialy the left side.

Thanks

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

wheel horse 1045

looks kinda like a 702 with an oddball hood and steeringwheel

buckrancher

It's a 702 with the red painted steel bolt on dash. The 701 is off white plastic

and the key and start button are mounted on it also ( hard to see bad angle )

702 key and start button are on the hoodstand in front of the shift lever.

front axle also looks 702

:omg:

TT

A 701 doesn't have a parking brake or the cover on the left side of the hoodstand.

The rear fender tips come to a sharper point than the 1962 to 1964 models and there are diagonal fender braces (strap steel) attached from one of the bottom seat spring bolts to each fender.

A 701 should have the oblong cast iron footrests - not stirrups like the later models and the starter circuit uses a relay (solenoid) instead of the "dimmer switch" looking push button or the newer high-amp, 3 post switch (P/N 4988).

1562107025_150b1d5873_o-1-1.jpg

May19645.jpg

linen beige

It's a 702 with the red painted steel bolt on dash. The 701 is off white plastic

and the key and start button are mounted on it also ( hard to see bad angle )

702 key and start button are on the hoodstand in front of the shift lever.

front axle also looks 702

:omg:

The 502, 552, and 702 all used the same dash and front axle. The 502 being a recoil start would not have had a starter button. The mounting hole would be there for one and it would likely be covered with the shift pattern/serial # decal. As Wild Bill said, the best way to determine what model this is would be to check the wiring harness. The 552 would have been wired for a Techy, the 702 for a Kohler.

Kelly

I vote 702 as it looks like the regulator for the start/gen. setting in the batt. tray.