Elliot Garfinkel

702 drag link install

Elliot Garfinkel

Hi all starting to assemble the 702 having problems hooking up drag link  can't  seem to line up with steering  pivot not sure if axle, tie rod is correct, tied tie rod on top of steering  arm but doesn't seem to make a difference, thought I had a pic saved but I guess not any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

20200330_145659.jpg

20200330_145736~2.jpg

20200330_145713.jpg

oldlineman

Not sure but I believe the axle is not in the right spot. Take the pivot bolt out and move the axle back. It may be also 180 deg. out someone with a better eye will be along shortly I am sure. Yes your axle is right except it needs moved back.

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 3

oilwell1415

Yes, the axle should be between the two front cross members.  If you loaded the pivot bolt in single shear like that it would fail very quickly.

• Like 4

Elliot Garfinkel

Thanks for fast reply if I turn axel  180 the grease fittings  will ne on inside according to manual it shows them on outside but also shows tie rod on top of steering  arm.  Is the lower steering  shaft  the same on both sides as far as holes go from manual it looks like it makes a difference. 

ACman

You’re axel needs moved back in between the two plates . 

64B59807-9E91-4E09-A899-809C1AD15DAC.jpeg.c248e3cc37d9732a9c9f1a0398cf2ee9.jpeg

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

Elliot Garfinkel

Your absolutely right  until I really  looked at it I just didnt get it thanks again  pretty much had it for today 

• Like 2