MNWheelHorse

New to me 416-H Tractor

MNWheelHorse

Hey guys,

New to the forum here and a new Wheel Horse owner (416-H) that I will use for snowblowing, mowing a food plot and hopefully rototilling if I can find one that fits.

I had a few questions.

Am I able to get a tiller on this tractor? I was hoping to use this for some wildlife food plots. 

How do you remove the front wheels? I need to replace a flat and cannot figure out how to remove.

Can I get some "Ag" style tread rear tires on this tractor? 

Where is the best place to buy replacement parts for wheel horse tractors?

Here are some pictures:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I also noticed a major crack on this piece in the back - is this a major concern? 

spacer.png

• Like 1

ZXT
12 minutes ago, MNWheelHorse said:

Hey guys,

New to the forum here and a new Wheel Horse owner (416-H) that I will use for snowblowing, mowing a food plot and hopefully rototilling if I can find one that fits.

I had a few questions.

Am I able to get a tiller on this tractor? I was hoping to use this for some wildlife food plots. 

How do you remove the front wheels? I need to replace a flat and cannot figure out how to remove.

Can I get some "Ag" style tread rear tires on this tractor? 

Where is the best place to buy replacement parts for wheel horse tractors?

Here are some pictures:

I also noticed a major crack on this piece in the back - is this a major concern? 

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking tractor you got there!

Can you get a tiller for that? Yes. A tiller from a C series tractor ought to fit, but I believe the lift mechanism is different since it has the fuel tank under the seat.

Removing front wheels? Remove the hub caps, and it should be pretty straight forward from there. There'll probably be a dust cap of sorts over the end of the spindle. Pull it off and you'll see from there.

Ag tires - Yes, you can certainly get a set of ag's for it. Many people sell them. Deestone tires are fairly popular and make a good looking tire. 

As for replacement parts, it really depends what it is you're needing. Some parts can still be had new from Toro. Other than that, ask here, ebay, and there are a few online stores that specialize in selling used parts. 

I don't own a tractor with that rear end setup, so I'm not sure what exactly the broken piece is. Looks like it might be a support for the oil filter housing? Definitely not good that it is broken. Someone will be along soon who knows a lot more than me!

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 1

lynnmor

You have a broken hydraulic filter mount, it appears that someone chained down the tractor to haul it.  There are a few on ebay right now, make sure that the oil line fittings are the same.

tom2p

and from a quick view of the filter ( surface rust and dented ) - change the trans filter and fluid 

capacity - 5 qts motor oil 

filter - Toro 79-5270

( possibly NAPA 1410 ? )

Pullstart

@MNWheelHorse :text-welcomeconfetti:

Nice rig! Being a hydro, a tiller might tend to push you a bit.  You might be just as well off with a 1 bottom plow and a disc.

Here’s a post I did last year on my food plot.  I have since learned a great deal about plowing and plots both!  This year, I’ll be doing a narrower, odd shaped plot for the deer.

prondzy

Welcome from a fellow MN member.  There is still a great dealer in Owatonna,  Mankes Outdoor Power. Looks like you found a pretty nice tractor! A tiller will work with the correct hitch setup.  Ask Lowell @wheelhorseman he can get you setup. A tiller will tend to push a hydro tractor, gear shift transmission is much better for this. 

MNWheelHorse

Wow thank you for all of the info! I reached out to @wheelhorseman and I think he is gonna help me out. 

Thanks again everyone - i'll post some pictures as I continue to work on it